MEHR fuel filters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MPV

MEHR fuel filters

Post by MPV »

Has anyone else tried MEHR fuel filters on the XUD engine? I bought some off fleabay for about £3 each. They look nothing like normal filters. It's got a green plastic body with lots of holes in the top and what looks like rolled up paper in the bottom. I was a bit skeptical about it. I put one in yesterday, it was a tight fit, I hope it comes out again! Anyway, the results were very promising, acceleration was much better, cold starting was better (running on veg) and no hesitancy. I wonder how long it will last...

Anyone else tried them?
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Re: MEHR fuel filters

Post by jgra1 »

hmm i was looking at these and got put off as they look so different.... although from your post MPV I may go for a batch ;)
Jonh
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm not for one moment saying these are but a few years ago now there was a big batch of counterfeit filters of exactly this pattern in circulation in the UK. Even some of the big factors got caught out and so did I :evil:

basically, they were Ok for a while (days actually) and then the engine would display a range of symptoms of air ingress and so on. On inspection the filters were found to be badly swollen, the glue holding the media into the body melted and the media falling out. They could swell so badly as to lift the lid of the filter housing and be a bit hard to remove.

I'd check yours again soonish and check it's OK... I'm sure it will be but wise to check.

In my case the counterfeits were branded as HENGST, a well respected German maker. The only obvuius difference was the blue ink on the the box was a bit lighter colour than the genuine ones..

Here's the story from 2006...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

The filter paper compresses with the suction from the pump and it expands the walls so makes it difficult to pull out.
With the shifting filterpaper the ring of glue that is supposed to keep the paper in place breaks free and breaks up.
I used one for a couple of weeks before fighting to get it and the glue bits out of the housing before fitting a halfrauds type.

Got mine from ECP probably 3 years ago so pretty sure it was genuine.
Really not impressed with it.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool