Xsara Picasso gear cable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xsara Picasso gear cable

Post by RichardW »

One of the gear cables popped off at the box end on Sunday on the Picasso. It was relatively easily re-fixed, but it's not very tight - I can pull it back off without pressing the button in - which rather suggests a repeat performance might not be that far off - along with some strong words from SWMBO!! Now, the BOL says the ends can be replaced, and indeed service.citroen backs this up. However, I could only just reach the end of the cable over the air pipe to get it back on, and mostly by feel. BOL says just undo the clip with 2 screwdrivers - oh yeah, that's a good gag :^o Anybody with any experience? Taking the air pipe to the turbo off might help, but that looks like a bit of a hospital job too. I wonder if it might be possible to drop the end off the cable inside and then push it right out to get to it. Oddly there is only one end listed on service.citroen, but the ones on ours look different - although there is a link included in the mech somewhere, perhaps the end of that is what I can see.

Needed something to do between Christmas and New year.... :roll: :lol:
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso gear cable

Post by citronut »

when i fitted the S/H limp into my daughters pisssscassooo,

i had great fun trying to release the springgy clips that hold the cable the the bracket, it seems you require something like a right angled pair of surclip pliers to get hold of the two eyelets, and thats after you have got your hand somwere near it,

here is the price and part No. if you aint already got it, seems to be for the left one of the two and i cant remember if they were the same size,

in the drawing its seems like there is some sort of clip holds the end to thre cable, so i cany see why the BOL talks about undoing bolts,

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000245286 GEARSHIFT LINK 15.01 GBP 18.01 GBP 18.01 GBP

regards malcolm
marrittm

Re: Xsara Picasso gear cable

Post by marrittm »

Hello I know this thread is old but I just wanted to let people know that I had exact same problem on my xsara picasso, I managed to fix mine with a marigold glove and some grease all I did was cut 1 of the fingers off the glove then dipped the tip (outer side) in some grease an popped it over the ball linkage then pop the cable back onto the linkage and it pops over very tightly, I did this about 18 months ago and it is still going strong. Hope this can help someone and save money.