'Flusser' brand heater matrix

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ralph
My Cars:

'Flusser' brand heater matrix

Post by ralph »

Hello all

Has anyone bought/used a Flusser heater matrix? I've bought one from GSF for my 190D.
It has small square nuts which are used to attach the inlet and outlet pipe - but the part has been badly machined so two of the four nuts don't quite fit in the plastic stubs.
I could bodge it by gently drilling, but I'm now wondering whether to bother with the part.

Heater matrix fitting is a huge job and I don't want to do it again in a hurry because a cheap part fails.
The part cost £50 inc VAT. Genuine Merc part is about £150. Any views of Flusser stuff?
I'd never heard of it as a brand.

Apologies for the non-French car post - but I'm confident someone on here will be more knowledgeable than me.

Ta!
2000 Clio 1.2 8-valve
1993 Mercedes 190E
2007 Honda FRV diesel
1998 Xsara TD, 293K - gone but not forgotten.
205s, 405, ZXs all loved and crushed.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: 'Flusser' brand heater matrix

Post by Xaccers »

Sounds like the matrix I got from ECP for Cassy, and as you say, I'd rather fit something that looks properly made rather than the heater matrix they supplied which had the pipes at a squiff angle due to poor machining/moulding.
Got a refund and bought one from GSF which I'm pretty sure was the same make but without the issue.
So as you've got one from GSF, I'd take it back and get it replaced, checking the replacement before you leave the shop.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
ralph
My Cars:

Re: 'Flusser' brand heater matrix

Post by ralph »

Thanks Xac.
I've pressed ahead, and got it to fit by filing down the edges of the nuts and generally faffing about.
I couldn't face getting a replacement - which required a bike ride across Bradford.

I've tested it with the dash off, and so far so good - no leaks.
I understand the Merc 190 is a fairly straightforward matrix job. I'm just glad my Xsara never let go - I couldn't face anything more difficult and long-winded than this...

Cheers
2000 Clio 1.2 8-valve
1993 Mercedes 190E
2007 Honda FRV diesel
1998 Xsara TD, 293K - gone but not forgotten.
205s, 405, ZXs all loved and crushed.