P reg Synergie clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

P reg Synergie clutch

Post by dave2011 »

Hi guys. Yet another problem with the damn thing. Pretty serious this time as its left me stranded :( the clutch cable decided to give up the ghost to on the way to pick the kids up from school :x it drove fine there but when I drove back the pedal went to the floor making a grating noise. I've got a new cable on order which is apparently the fault due to the self adjusting bit gone but how easy are they to change? Anyone know? Cheers guys.i pick up the cable tomorrow so i hope it's not hard to fit. #-o
MPV

Re: P reg Synergie clutch

Post by MPV »

It's really easy, 20 min job.
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

Hey guys. While waiting for the cable to turn up I had an idea to make the old cable work again and it worked! :-D all I did was find some thing to compensate the slack in the cable due to the self adjusting mech been knackard and made some shims to put on top of the origional rubber shim on the clutch cable arm and the clutch worked again. Not the best way to botch it but if your stuck it gets you up and running again. =D> new cable all fitted up now n running great! :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff Dave :-D We'll not call it a bodge; it's a 'workaround' :lol: A posh term used in the IT trade to make a temporary fix to a known problem.

Trouble is most IT 'workarounds' become permanent :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would call it a bodge as in the old days this was a term for fixing something out of what you have laying around,

regards malcolm
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

it was a good idea i thought and it got me motoring again so i thought id share my botch storey lol. :-D as for the things i had laying around to temporary fix it they consisted of a jocky tensioner wheel for a clothes dryer that i cut a slit in with a hacksaw and 2 large washers that i cut a slit in with a angle grinder to get over the clutch cable lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and if anyones wondering im a domestic appliance engineer :wink: