not realy citroen in particular

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

not realy citroen in particular

Post by citronut »

has there ever been a study/survay into what make/modle ( if any more than others ) of car is involved in the most accidents,

is one make/modle more pron to prangs,
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: not realy Citroën in particular

Post by CitroJim »

It's an interesting question Malcolm :)

Off-the-cuff I'd have said Volvos on account the vast majority are driven by myopic octogenarians with an unhealthy trust in their passive safety features...

They choose Volvos because they offer good accommodation for their guide-dogs...

The Nissan Micra must be high on the list too as most drivers of them do not consider driving to be a skill in any way and so consequently have none...

Then of course old Poxhall Corsets as the vast majority are driven by brainless chavs...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hey! I had a Vulvo and I'm a myopic hemi-octogenarian... :o

Small cars possibly cause more accidents than they claim against, by creating traffic situations where another party can then not avoid a collision.
citronut
My Cars:

Re:

Post by citronut »

addo wrote:Hey! I had a Vulvo and I'm a myopic hemi-octogenarian... :o

Small cars possibly cause more accidents than they claim against, by creating traffic situations where another party can then not avoid a collision.
i didnt know you had had a sex change Adam :shock: , oh sorry you said Vulvo not Vulva :roll: :lol: :wink:

seems like a nice girl :lol:

regards malcolm
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Im sure there are some stats somewhere to record this sort of thing through insurance and for insurance companies.

Cars seem to develop a reputation, mainly some small cars, such as Saxos and Corsas which are often more pricey to insure than some less common competitors as those are involved in so many crashes.

I would think most Citroens have a good reputation and a low crash record, well he bigger ones anyway.

I would also guess that Hondas are fairly good on insurance too, very very few seem to manage a speed which would result in any impact :x
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

Other half has mentioned she's noticed oncoming road-users
seem more inclined to give way to the C5 than to the ZX.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Citroenmad wrote:I would also guess that Hondas are fairly good on insurance too, very very few seem to manage a speed which would result in any impact :x
Plenty of brisk ones around here; pilot ability varies widely. More recent Accord V6 is a cracker for performance and handling - disappointed about this in a way, but I have to be honest!

I truly believe the issue with the expensive-to-insure small cars is that insurers have gauged how much they can soak a punter for, based on model desirability in the marketplace.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Citroenmad wrote: Cars seem to develop a reputation, mainly some small cars, such as Saxos and Corsas which are often more pricey to insure than some less common competitors as those are involved in so many crashes.

i was thinking more to do with the general design/caracteristics than the type of person/driver they attract,

regards malcolm
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I would also guess that Hondas are fairly good on insurance too, very very few seem to manage a speed which would result in any impact :x
one word for you, Civic :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Deanxm wrote:
one word for you, Civic :lol:

D
My Accord would do 140 and got to lower speeds remarkably fast.

A mate at work with a quick (chipped) Fabia VRS went out with his mate who had just bought a Civic type R and was very impressed with it - much faster than the 185 bhp VRS.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I would also guess that Hondas are fairly good on insurance too, very very few seem to manage a speed which would result in any impact
You aint folowed the wife in her Prelude then?

The reason ins companys charge young Corsa drivers more ,is that they are stoopid enough to pay. The price is always what peeps will pay as it saves a lot of calculations. :)
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

lexi wrote: The reason ins companys charge young Corsa drivers more ,is that they are stoopid enough to pay. The price is always what peeps will pay as it saves a lot of calculations. :)
so its not that they might be a lot higher risck then,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: so its not that they might be a lot higher risck then,
Nah, I'd put some corpulent corporate pending heart attcak type of person jabbering on his mobile whilst driving his Porch Tosspot or BMW Trouser Department Problem a far bigger risk than the average spotty yoof in a Paxo...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...