locked radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DublinChris
My Cars: 1998 Series 2 - 1.9TD owned from '98 216,000+ miles
Previously BX19DTR, BX19TD, BX19TZD

locked radio

Post by DublinChris »

:( ok having sorted my pinion valve and ign issues and happily driving Xantia again it is silence inside :x
the battery had been disconnected and when I put code in first time I made a one digit mistake, corrected it and put correct code in several times - as I thought :roll:

Then I realised that I should have put first digit - number 3 - in on first number one button and brought up the number 3.... and so on! anyway have made a dogs dinner of things and now radio is completely locked with just the 4 lines showing. Mine is the original cassette radio that came with 1998 model 1.9td series 2.

Question is other than going back to Citroen to unlock - or picking up a slightly more moden cd unit - is there anything I can do - or site I can go to - to unlock it? :?: :?:

Chris
Let the good times roll

current every day 1998 Xantia turbo diesel 1905cc series 2
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: locked radio

Post by spider »

Leave it powered up for at least an hour or two, without interruption. This means leaving the ignition on in accessory position etc. If you disturb it, the timer can start again.

If its not safe to leave your car like this, remove the radio and power it up on the bench etc so you can leave it.

It does not always work but in quite a few cases, it will eventually go back to "CODE" on the display.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

I did this a few weeks ago, and found a couple of threads about it somewhere, maybe including here

Leave the radio switched on for a while, as above. I could try again on mine a couple of hours later, though I didn't keep coming out to check.

I'd left the car unlocked, which is safe enough on the driveway here, but you can alter the radio setting to be controlled only by its own switch and independent of the ignition switch position, by moving the relevant fuse half a space sideways (see the manual).
DublinChris

Post by DublinChris »

Cheers for the info. I will try leave it on for couple hours, mine in driveway so will leave key in ignition and because I now have diferent ignition and door lock keys I should be able to lock car doors as well. One question if I leave it on accessory position the battery light is on (I will screen this away from prying eyes) do I do any damage to anything - coils? by leaving switched on to first position for couple hours???
Let the good times roll

HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Yeah, as above :)

Had this meself a while back,thought I'd goosed/locked the radio (original jobbie )

Left it on,by accident! and when I got back in the car, 'CODE' had re appeared! numbers in, tunes again :)

Not sure if you have to wait an hour,sure I didn't..

be good if you didn't have to, as you could just turn/leave the radio on (without the ignition on II position..although with no lights on etc I can't see #II position draining the battery badly,unless it's old etc..

sure your coils etc will be fine..I've left cars with ignition on for yonks and never had a problem..*

* I'm no expert tho with leccys, so it's at yer own risk :wink:
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Move the fusible shunt across one leg, so the radio may be left on with key off - then you can let it reset without fear of leaving your car unlocked.
DublinChris

Post by DublinChris »

spider wrote:Leave it powered up for at least an hour or two, without interruption. This means leaving the ignition on in accessory position etc. If you disturb it, the timer can start again.

If its not safe to leave your car like this, remove the radio and power it up on the bench etc so you can leave it.It does not always work but in quite a few cases, it will eventually go back to "CODE" on the display.
:?: I have removed the radio and want to leave it powered up on bench overnight for one last try. I did leave it on in car for 3 hours without a result #-o
My question is how do I connect it up to 12V battery. ( Have one from motorcycle which might do?? ) My radio has 10 pins in top A connector and 8 pins in middle B connector and 6 pins in bottom C connector. There is a 10amp fuse spanning B & C connectors.
My hand book only shows 8 pins in top A connector. #-o #-o
Let the good times roll