Wazzocks!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Wazzocks!

Post by RichardW »

Humph... not much to do with Citroen (other than I can't now get the Picasso in the garage whilst I am building the loft store!). Ran in the new lights for it today. God only knows what the sparks that installed the originals was smoking! The live and neturals are effectively fed down separate wires, and the spare neutral in the switch box is not connected in the consumer unit :roll: . No problems you might think - except they have also managed to break the nut out of the plastic on the consumer unit (on the only screw they've fitted), so I can't get the lid off - which is also annoying me as I am going to fit some new sockets and want to make a proper ring, and change the MCB for a combined RCD / MCB unit as there is no RCD at all at the moment. Like I said - Wazzocks! Why is nothing ever straightforward????

It's a good job the Visa has a folding roof, as when you need to get to the ceiling over it to fit the plaster board, you just open the roof and climb in - step ladder ready =D>
Richard W
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Re: Wazzocks!

Post by Citroening »

Good ol' Visa's eh?!! Great cars! :-D :-D =D>
Franklin
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Wazzocks!

Post by RichardW »

Citroening wrote:Good ol' Visa's eh?!! Great cars! :-D :-D =D>
Indeed. If only it wasn't doing an impression of Swiss cheese, we could use it for its intended purpose!

Got the top off the box today - it was only a plastic screw so it didn't resist for THAT long :twisted:

The wiring debacle continues - cut back the two phases of the wires so they are the right length for the connector positions? Nooooo, just cram them all in - needs a couple of hours to sort it all out properly :roll:
Richard W