Wallop!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris56000
My Cars:

Wallop!!!

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

Just a quickie one!!!

Last week some careless wassock ran into the back of my new style 406 Pug on Tyburn House Island where the A38 and A452
Chester Road join up and altho' there appears to be little damage done, the prat's bent in the back of the boot panel (it's the saloon version) and as a result the boot lid now won't close and the dash is constantly beeping at me!!!

Can anyone advise me the best way of straightening it out please, or if any FCF Member within a reasonable distance of Birmingham has the skill to bend it right for me for a small charge, please PM me and let me know!!!

Chris Williams
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Wallop!!!

Post by spider »

I cant help with the bodywork etc, although the beeping is because its not happy that the boot is shut properly. There's if I remember correctly a microswitch in the bar part of the catch (the part on the body not the bootlid) the wires might be adrift. I think they changed it to be part of the latch on some later models so you might have either, not a massive concern at the moment I know until its straightened out.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Chris56000 wrote: Can anyone advise me the best way of straightening it out please
Yes, contact the other driver or their insurance & get them to deal with it.
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

Like many such careless mishaps it was a "hit-and-run" I'm afraid - the miscreant roared away up the n/b A38 before I had a chance to get his number, not helped by the fact that I'm also a bit short-sighted (but still legal to drive as otherwise I wouldn't have passed a test in the first place!!!), so I'm landed with it unless I get any communication from him or his insurance co. alleging I was to blame, which I haven't to date!!!

Chris Williams
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Shame :(

Although talking of blame I've had a hire van hit one of my cars a few years ago (while it was parked outside the house, perfectly legally too) , they still initially tried to blame me. Was soon sorted out though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

In answer to Andy's post there is a small plastic switch fitted to the boot lid catch which I've tried jamming in the shut position but haven't had any luck - there's too many bumps and potholes on the roads!!!

As this'll very likely be an MOT failure (March 2012!!!) if any FCF member within reasonable distance, up to 100 miles or so, is willing to have a look before next March and see if it can be "unwalloped" so it'll close again I'd be ever so grateful!!!

Chris Williams