C5 V6 Exclusive 2001 - Wiper/wash Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mac007

C5 V6 Exclusive 2001 - Wiper/wash Problem

Post by Mac007 »

As a newly joined member please forgive me if this exists under another banner, but I couldn't see an ideal match. I've just bought a 2001 C5 V6 to see me until my next job starts in a few months time. There are some odd electrical glitches which the combined wisdom of this forum may be able to solve.

1. The remote locking system does not work (battery in key fob has been replaced) but the central locking using the key in the door does work including the flash of all the indicators.

2. The rear near side window is all but inoperable, apparently happened at the same time as the remote locking failed.

3. The front wipers are really strange. The washer does not work when operated by pulling it when the wipers are not engaged, it does work when the wipers are in positions 1-3. However when the wipers are switched off the blades stop at the furthest extent of their sweep (almost vertical at the right side of the windscreen). To get them back down to the proper start position, you have to switch the engine off and return the control to the off position.

Could all these be connected as they apparently happened around the same time. Alternatively I can live with faults 1 & 2, but would like to solve fault 3 at minimal cost/effort.

Any ideas about how to resolve the wash/wiper problem

Many thanks to all who can help.

Lindsay
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: C5 V6 Exclusive 2001 - Wiper/wash Problem

Post by SaabC5 »

Re the remote locking have you pressed and held the lock button down for 10 seconds on the remote? This re-initialises the key fob.

The wash wipe's screwy behaviour sounds like a stalk issue to me, no reason for it to work on setting 1-3 but not at rest position unless there's a connection problem.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: