ZX crash bang wallop door window !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

radar
My Cars:

ZX crash bang wallop door window !!

Post by radar »

got a shock when my passenger door window crashed to the bottom when the electric motor cable snapped
OK so I have been inside, seen the damage propped up the glass with a plastic tie rap (eventually) and ripped the motor out hoping to replace the cable...... ha ha you all say..... sealed unit £££££ ??
It looks a right pain of a job, haynes doesn't help matters and does not go into any depth about it
questions are :
1 do I need to remove the glass to change the cable linkage ??
2 quick browse on catalogue N87306 motor is this for passenger side (LH) and does this come complete with cables and fittings ??
3 as the motor is fine can it be repaired with new cables if I drill out the tamper proof bolt ???
4 If I go to the main dealer how much is he going to screw me to put this job right ??
5 on the scale of 1 to 10 how easy is this motor/cable linkage to renew
thanks
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

radar -
try this found on common fixes - in general it may apply to your ZX also :
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=3246
Jon

Post by Jon »

The N87306 is a complete unit, ie cable, runners and motor.
radar
My Cars:

Post by radar »

thanks guys,
I realise the importance of the cable length, and obtain the wire to repair and experiment may not be cost effective....
with my club fists its going to be tricky in those access holes
I dont want to go down the scrapper route as I reckon that they would charge me £25 quid and how long would it last and that means I will have to remove it too, if I find a good one
I suppose £60 is better than a dealer price, and its a one off payment rather than going deep in debt for a new motor-car for oor lass to operate her bloody window
all these mod cons ...
could be worse
could be a F@rd
CU
RADAR