xantia heater-motor problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boostcrazy

xantia heater-motor problem

Post by boostcrazy »

hey there, now i have serched the forum first to see if any one else has a problem like mine and did not find anny one with the same problem
so my heater blower works fine on stage 2 ignition but when i start the car its intermitent- but not as in it come on and off at random as in sometimes it works while the car is running other times it wont, but allways from when i start the car
so if it continues to works when the car is started it will keep on working-if it stops on start up then it will not come back on
other issues
*heated seats dont work
* all gauges seem to read under-water- oil temp- petrol

also how are all of your guys speedos for accurcy because mine is reading under by around 1mph- so im going faster than the speedo is reading

its not end of the world stuff i know but if anny of you guys have anny input i would be greatfull

btw i have checked all fuses and there all fine
thanks gary
xantia 1.9td vsx
pug 106 xnd- last leg email for cheap parts :)
zx 1.9 d rip
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia heater-motor problem

Post by DickieG »

With the heater fan, check the connection on the fan motor which has the large red wire as the connection tends to burn out over time, failing that the ignition switch is the other obvious place to look.

Heated seats, not many of them still work, normally down to the wires in the pads under the seats breaking.

Gauges under reading, again not uncommon, the ones in my VSX are like that, likewise with the speedo in my VSX which reads true at almost every speed.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Jaf
My Cars:

Post by Jaf »

My speedo shows under too. Checked with sat nav and when I'm actually doing 120kph the speedo shows 130kph. I thought I'd read somewhere that manufactors do it on purpose, better to be inacurate too fast than too slow I suppose.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
boostcrazy

Post by boostcrazy »

Thanks for the reply :). Has put my mind at rest about the water and oil temp's. I will check the wireing on the ignition and the blower. Tomorrrow gonna need it soon winter is here
xantia 1.9td vsx
zx 1.9 d rip
boostcrazy

Post by boostcrazy »

Well most do but for exsample my speedo shows 30mph my sat nav shows 31mph lol.
But dickieG is the same I'm not to worried
xantia 1.9td vsx
zx 1.9 d rip