Shes had a running problem ever since I bought it, with the emissions being all over the place, the Co2 is over 7%, and the lambda and HC are sky high too. So far ive replaced pretty much everything, and it owes me about £1500, for car that is worth about £350 on a good day with an MOT (which it failed today again).
Last year I fitted a new genuine lamda probe which seemed to bring the emissions down, but then left the car running a bit lumpy and flat, today after a fitting new plus and leads, and bringing her out of hibernation I took her for an MOT, steering gaiter and handrake efficiency I can live with but the emissions are still stupidly high. It managed to burn £10 worth of fuel doing 20 miles and the MOT and stinks of unburnt fuel.
Ive changed, lamda probles twice, catalyst once, ecu once, coolant sensor, map sensor, plugs, leads, all filters etc but it still refuses to run well.
Does anyone have a 1.8 Xantia 8v that they are breaking that I could rob the injection system off as I am so fed up I will try anything.
Ive been unfortunate with Xantias, having owned two and both being far more problematical than anything else ive owned.
HELP!
