abs warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

abs warning light

Post by allanmc »

Hi, Xantia 2000 hdi 2ltr, had the car on a lexia the other day and the abs fault was detected as the nearside front the guy said it was probably a bad conection but also said that I could check the sensor but I am unsure how to do this, there was a plug under the belly plate which I opened and removed the sensor only from its place on the car the plug I opened has 2 pins so do I put my multi meter from one of these pins to the sensor and check continuity can you help
allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Re: abs warning light

Post by addo »

Yes, check for about 1000-100 ohms on that individual sensor.

All should measure very similar readings.

It seems that UK corrosion expands the metal around the sensor's bore in the hub carrier, and the pressure of this expanding rust nukes the sensor.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

allanmc wrote:... the abs fault was detected as the nearside front the guy said it was probably a bad conection but also said that I could check the sensor but I am unsure how to do this, ...
This would be the perfect thread to start with --> Xantia Rear ABS Sensor Renewal
You can check ABS sensor "health" simply with a multimeter in resistance meter mode.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Hi, got an ABS sensor from e-bay £12.50 fitted it yesterday and the ABS is now working
allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999