synergie turbo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

synergie turbo

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys. any ideas why a turbo would not kick in?............. bunged up with crud/ siezed maybe? its never worked since i bought the car but it was bought as a rolling project and im doing the jobs that need doing on it as and when i have the time/cash lol. cheers guys. :)
MPV

Re: synergie turbo

Post by MPV »

Something could be making the wastegate open up when it shouldn't.
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What engine is it Dave?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

its a 1.9 turbo diesel jim. xud as far as i know.is that a mechanicial part mpv? sorry im clueless about this kinda thing but im keen to learn lol :-D
MPV

Post by MPV »

Yeah, there's a flap that opens if the boost goes too high, to protect the turbo. It's controlled by vacuum, but sometimes it can even jam open. Lots of the hoses are made of a pretty crappy kind of rubber and perish, so you lose vacuum. Have a look under the engine, there's a piece of hose about 6 inches long or so, maybe a bit less. It's quite hard to get to, but it goes to the waste gate. It can often perish and leak. Then there are all the other hoses on the top of the engine to check...let us know what they look like.
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Dave, also, could also be worth proving the problem is the turbo / or wastegate, and not the extra fueling the engine needs when the turbo is turning...
Pull off one of the main intercooler pipes, and rev the engine a bit by moving the throttle lever on the injection pump, should get a decent blow of fresh air out..

I think i had a td once, with a perfect turbo, but the fueling was wrong, so acceleration was just as a non turbo..

john
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers guys i,ll see if i can suss it out :@)