Xantia Heater Blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alastair70

Xantia Heater Blower

Post by alastair70 »

Hi, The blower on my Mk1 95 Xantia has never worked and with the cold weather coming i want to get it fixed. I've managed to get my hands on a blower from a Mk2, however I can only get it to work direct from a battery but not when i connect it to the car. One of the connectors on the new blower is the opposite to what is on the connector block, no biggie, but does it mean that the wiring is different on the Mk2 fan than the Mk1 fan???

If it is different does anyone have a wiring diagram for it or know what voltages i should be getting from which connectors?

Also does anyone know what the wires do from the connector block, and if i could bypass it and run a direct feed to a separate switch??

Finally, has the same MK1 blower been used in any other citroen/Peugoet's cars in case i need to find one from a scrappy??

Thanks in advance
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Heater Blower

Post by citronut »

not sure on the wireing,

but if you source a fan from a pug 406 you can swap the speed control module from one to the other, but the motor spins the opposite direction to a fan from a XANT, this also means the fins/blades face the opposite way,

or you could just buy two darlington transistors to fit to your existing speed control board/module, as thit is the usualy fault,

although if your heated rear screen dose not work also then its more likely the fault is your ignition switch,

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Does your car have air con?
If so, most likely issue is the ignition switch burning out.
Unplug the fan, get the engine running and check the voltage across the red and black thick wires on the lead.
If it's low then it's time to do the relay mod.
Also check the state of the contacts in the plug, they can over heat and warp making poor contact with the fan.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
alastair70

Post by alastair70 »

thanks for the replies it was a bad connection in the end. Thanks for the help though.