If I need to swap the screen wash bottle out...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jabo
My Cars:

If I need to swap the screen wash bottle out...

Post by Jabo »

Hey guys

I'm leaking screen wash, can only see it when it drips from the bottom of the bumper, beside the offside wheel.
I'm gonna have a look at the screen wash bottle and see if it has a crack in it or anything.
Where is it located? There's a ton of plastic on the underside so I can't see anything really.
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Re: If I need to swap the screen wash bottle out...

Post by Gingerposer »

What make/model of car is it, or do we get 3 guesses? :)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I presume it's a new C5 you have, whilst I don't have experience of those particular cars the bottle is invariably located behind the bumper just ahead of the front wheel, access is usually achieved by pulling back the wheel arch liner after removing various bolts, this is usually the easiest way for a view of the bottle but if you need to remove the bottle its invariably a case of removing the bumper or at least one side of it and swinging it away.

In your case the leak may be due to the joining collar between the bottle and filling tube becoming displaced.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've seen Peugeots that are O-ringed at the junction of filler neck and reservoir. The O-ring dies with water additives and age, leading to a "no-ring" and then the leakage.
Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

Gingerposer wrote:What make/model of car is it, or do we get 3 guesses? :)
Whoops! Sorry, old habits - I'm normally on a Rover forum where under your name on the left hand side of your post you can list your car!

Anyway, it's a Mk1 C5.
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Oooh, i'd like to know this one as well, my bottle only holds 2 of the 4 litres without leaking! I've had the wheel arch liner out and you can barely see the bottle, i reckon its gonna be a real clusterf**k to remove this one. :taz:
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

SaabC5 wrote:Oooh, i'd like to know this one as well, my bottle only holds 2 of the 4 litres without leaking!
I reckon that if the car has headlamp washers it'll the seal around headlamp pump on the bottle as it's located halfway up the reservoir to avoid draining the tank so much that the screen wash doesn't work.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

DickieG wrote:
SaabC5 wrote:Oooh, i'd like to know this one as well, my bottle only holds 2 of the 4 litres without leaking!
I reckon that if the car has headlamp washers it'll the seal around headlamp pump on the bottle as it's located halfway up the reservoir to avoid draining the tank so much that the screen wash doesn't work.
No headlamp washers, standard halogen headlamps.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: