Windscreen sensors.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

torq
My Cars:

Windscreen sensors.

Post by torq »

Just wondering.... What are the two sensors on the windscreen of some C5's above the rear view mirror? I know one is the rain sensor but what is the other and how would you get them to function? The wiring is there but what else would be needed?
Ta,
T
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Windscreen sensors.

Post by myglaren »

torq wrote:Just wondering.... What are the two sensors on the windscreen of some C5's above the rear view mirror? I know one is the rain sensor but what is the other and how would you get them to function? The wiring is there but what else would be needed?
Ta,
T
The other is the light sensor for the automatic headlights.

I imagine Mr. Lexia would be needed to activate them but otherwise, for the lights, press the button on the end of the light stalk and turn the ignition to the second position.
There should be a 'bong' and the infoscreen should show "Autolights Active"

Mine seems to be cabbaged, lights work when they feel like it, usually going round roundabouts, for maximum comedy effect.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Yep, as Steve says, one if the rain sensor and the other is the light sensor. You either get C5s without either or with both, not with just one. So if the lights are not activating it is either turned off or the sensor is iffy.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
torq
My Cars:

Post by torq »

I don't have either on my C5 but I was in a breakers today and now have both sensors in my ashtray. One thing though is that the sensor windscreen has a black panel with 2 clear sections for the sensors. The non sensor screen doesn't have the black panel but it does have a load of black dots which might interfere with the sensors. Also my wiper stalk doesn't have the "Auto" button.... yet!

Do any Mk1 C5's have an auto dipping rear view mirror? It's one feature I miss on my LX.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ah right, im not sure if they will work with the standard LX windscreen. They also need to be mounted to the glass perfectly or the sensor will not function as it should.

You will also need the comms2000 - indicator stalk unit from a car with sensors.

Im not sure if your ECU will support the extra sensors, you would think so ... if so it will need a lexia session.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10