New Radio help needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dodger010

New Radio help needed

Post by dodger010 »

Firstly Hi to everyone this is my first post so any help would be appreciated. I have a C5 vtr 0n a 03 plate, bought it a couple of weeks ago, when i got it it had a jvc radio cd fitted it works fine but me being me i wanted the proper citroen radio so the steering wheel controls and menu would all work. I have purchased a second hand clarion stereo out of a C5 that has had the code cleared and was shown working. When it was fitted to my car it has power as you can insert a cd and eject it but there is no sound and no read out from the dash. Has the wiring been changed to suit the jvc ? It looks fine and the plugs all fit. The digital read out on the dash has the time and date you can change the language time date ect but thats all it doesnt even light up when the head lights are on. Thanks for any help. PS it doesnt beep, there is no sound at all.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: New Radio help needed

Post by Trainman »

Take the new stereo out and check that there no adaptors connected to the wiring
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
dodger010

Post by dodger010 »

Hi steve have done nothing is attached thats why i am thinking have the iso connecters been attached by a pro and not with aconnector ,thanks for the reply.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

You'll need to have the new radio coded to your car, but how it will behave before doing so, I'm not sure.
dodger010

Post by dodger010 »

Hi dnsey been told that doesnt need doing as the code has been removed but will check it out thanks
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Fitted aftermarket radios to both a friends and my MKI C5, neither have needed any wiring adaptation so its a straight plug and play. Your aftermarket one will be the same so there's no reason for the wiring loom to have been altered. You can probably get a wiring adaptor for your radio so you can use the wheel controls (look on the back for a 3.5mm socket), all you will lose is the radio frequency/cd track number on your middle display. This is no hardship as its displayed on the aftermarket unit.

You could conceivably have the incorrect Citroen head unit as well, which would mean the wiring pins would be different hence a dead unit.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: