53 reg 206 headlight fault. Relay?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Goingnuts

53 reg 206 headlight fault. Relay?

Post by Goingnuts »

My 206 53 reg 1.4 hdi has suddenly decided to lose both headlights, typical as it's now due an MOT and I didn't have chance to get it in a month previous as usual.
Bulbs are both fine, high beem still works and side lights are ok too. Checked fuses and nothing amiss there. I'm assuming it must be a relay, question is, is this a built in relay or swappable one? No problems with soldering if it's the built in type, just need to know which one it is.

Any advice much appreciated.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: 53 reg 206 headlight fault. Relay?

Post by Citroenmad »

It does seem off for both headlights to fail. I have known both bulbs go at once but you have checked those.

It will be a comms2000 equipped (multiplexed) 206. Does it have auto-lights? If it does have you tried selecting auto and see if they turn on that way? What about if you turn to headlights and then put on the front/rear fogs?

Comms2000 units can develop odd faults and turning something else on with the same stalk can make the original function work while that other is selected.

I had one which, when indicating left, the indicator would flash three times, then it would stop and the headlights would come on. If I selected sidelights or headlights the indicators worked as normal.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Goingnuts

Post by Goingnuts »

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I've just got manual lights so nothing else to play with with regards to switches. It looks like a call to the auto electrician may be in order.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Theres a very good chance this is a com2000 fault, they can cuase lots of strange lighting faults like this.
With regards to the relay, on com2000 models the relay is integral to the under bonnet fusebox so replacement would require soldering, i have no idea which one it is as ther is no official documentation on this as its not supposed to be a replacable part.