Xantia Door Locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alastair70

Xantia Door Locks

Post by alastair70 »

Hi Guys,
I've just bought a 95 xantia, and found out that i can't lock it!! I put the key in and it turns a full 360 degrees in the lock, with no resistance or as if it is doing anything at all. This happens if the drivers, passengers & boot lock. If i sit in the car and lock the car from inside the central locking works on all doors. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it please? Also the radio is asking for its code which the previous owner had lost, how or where can i get a new code please?? All help gratefully received
Cheers
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Door Locks

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Alastair, welcome to the forum and to Xantia ownership :D If all the lock barrels spin then it's the wrong key. It's how it works. The right key will do the business but any foreign key causes the barrels to spin right round. It can be a sign of a worn lock too but normally only the driver's side shows this up.

I would hazard that the ignition barrel has been replaced at some time and last owner failed to give you all the keys...

Radio code is no problem at all. PM me the FULL serial number of the radio, found on the sticker on the side of it, and I can decode it for you...

If you're not sure which is the serial number, just send all the numbers you find on the white label...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

If you can remove the lock cylinder and take it to a locksmith they should be able to cut a key to the barrel for you , or rebuild your cylinder to match your ignition key . Just had to have some cylinders rebuilt on my dispatch and their like new now , one key works every door !

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
alastair70

Post by alastair70 »

Thanks for the advice, is there a guide on how to remove the lock cylinders so that a locksmith can cut a new key? I've been having a look on Ebay for a new lock but their not cheap. Does the remote fob work if you reprogram it, as they seem alot cheaper? I've just found a guide on how to reprogram the remote fobs on Honest John's
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Not sure about the remotes , Jim will know I'm sure , I paid £15 for each barrel to be rebuilt so not bad compared to new ones . The xantia door panel is fairly straightforward to remove , I'm not sure on access to the lock/handle though , once disconnected from the handle/mechanism there is a spring clip/clips on the cylinder , once pushed the cylinder should push out , hope this is of help

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.