leakoff pipe acess !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

leakoff pipe acess !

Post by froggy »

Hi, I have just been trying to fit a new leakoff pipe, on my 1997 XANTIA. The pipe appears to go from the pump to the side of the injector [ furthest left ] My question is; acess is poor there is a hard plastic pipe [ air intake to turbo] inthe way. can I move it? Plus the inner diameter of the new pipe seems too small or is it supposedto be megga tight? many thanks Terry. :?
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: leakoff pipe acess !

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Terry, yes, if you loosen the hard plastic turbo pipes at their securing points and disconnect their rubber pipes at the jubilee clips, they will move quite a way to give access.

Yep, the leakoff hose is a tight fit as it relies on only that for sealing... Also, replace the end blanking cap on No.1 injector but those you get in some kits are of questionable quality. I used to take a piece of normal leakoff pipe, bend it in two at the end and wrap a large cable-tie around it. That made a very effective blanking cap that was long-lasting and very cheap as it used up some surplus pipe...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Re: leakoff pipe acess !

Post by froggy »

Thanks again Jim.
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC