C5 ASR Warning Light/Switch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sonoramicommando
My Cars: 1991 Citroen XM 2.0 carb manual

C5 ASR Warning Light/Switch

Post by sonoramicommando »

Hi all,
ASR warning light on my C5 doesn't light up with ignition on as it's supposed to. Also nothing happens (that I can tell) when I press ASR switch.
I'm guessing ASR warning light LED is blown, since I don't get ASR related warning message on multi-function screen.
Can anyone confirm if multi-function screen displays ASR on/off status or is it just the warning light on the dash illuminated when switch is pressed?
Cheers,
Sam
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Re: C5 ASR Warning Light/Switch

Post by addo »

Try holding the button for a few seconds. That normally is how it works - a safeguard against accidental pressage. You might get a warning beep as well.
sonoramicommando

addo wrote:Try holding the button for a few seconds. That normally is how it works - a safeguard against accidental pressage. You might get a warning beep as well.
Nothing happens regardless of how long I hold it down.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

sonoramicommando wrote:Hi all,
ASR warning light on my C5 doesn't light up with ignition on as it's supposed to. Also nothing happens (that I can tell) when I press ASR switch.
I'm guessing ASR warning light LED is blown, since I don't get ASR related warning message on multi-function screen.
Can anyone confirm if multi-function screen displays ASR on/off status or is it just the warning light on the dash illuminated when switch is pressed?
Cheers,
Sam
has it ever worked? Reason I ask is has someone just put the button in there, or changed centre console?
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
sonoramicommando

Geez, no - I haven't had the car for long. It doesn't seem to lose traction (although I should try harder in an empty car park etc) compared to other FWD cars I've driven before.
Also I assumed exclusive has ASR as standard. And Cruise Control, which doesn't work either - but one problem at a time.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

sonoramicommando wrote:Geez, no - I haven't had the car for long. It doesn't seem to lose traction (although I should try harder in an empty car park etc) compared to other FWD cars I've driven before.
Also I assumed exclusive has ASR as standard. And Cruise Control, which doesn't work either - but one problem at a time.
If its the V6 then it should be standard (as far as I know).

To be honest, even in the wet I have to try hard to get it breaking traction and even then its only a slight scuff from the front.

When pushing ESP button, I get a 'dong', the warning triangle on the dash and a message saying 'ESP/ASR Deactivated' pop up in the centre display.

Is the ABS kicking in? Go find a gravel section and have a quick play, you'll find out soon enough :D
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
sonoramicommando

No audible or multi-function screen alert happen when the button is pressed.
From reading the manual, it doesn't need to be pressed and held, does it?

If I take out the instrument cluster and have a look at the back where LED warning lights are soldered, and if there is a blank space where ASR warning lamp is supposed to be, would it be safe to assume that the car did not come with ASR?
(Which, however would contradict the exclusive option list - I'm so confused).

Can ASR be disabled via Lexia? Maybe that's what happened (possibly the same goes for the cruise control).
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

Flick me thru ya chassis number, I'll have a looksy for you.
Cant see a LED blowing so dont think thats the culprit. Not sure about the Lexia, though I will check that tomorrow for you.

Regarding the button, just a quick press <1sec is all that is required, pressing and holding it does the same. Lift the centre console up (easy) and see if the switch is actually plugged in
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6