2001 C5 IMMOBILISER PROBLEMS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carpy
My Cars:

2001 C5 IMMOBILISER PROBLEMS

Post by carpy »

Hi all, have been working on the car trying to fix the suspension and now a new problem has arisen or several I think. I get the economy mode active message even after I have charged the battery. The interior lights don't come on, the windows don't work and the immobiliser light is on so the car won't start. The remote opens the central locking but the indicators don't flash like they used to. Any thoughts please.
ps I have tried the search function on a multitude of keywords but haven't found anything.
Many thanks
2001 C5 2.0Hdi LX
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

I would say that the battery was near empty and wiped the keys out , peugeot and citroens hate bad batterys ,
get a new battery and recode your keys .
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

I would agree with Birdman except that it won't have wiped the keys, they are hard coded, if it can't come out of economy mode then the requirement for an engine start arn't being met. Economy mode locks out lots of electrical loads.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
carpy
My Cars:

Post by carpy »

Thanks for the replies. Any ideas how to get the immobiliser off. The battery itself is showing just over 12 volts and cranks the engine seemingly ok.
2001 C5 2.0Hdi LX
wareb321
My Cars:

Post by wareb321 »

I had the same problem with my 2001 C5 after I changed the car battery. It would crank, but not start and the immobiliser light was on. I think I put the key in the ignition slot, turned the ignition on and then held the key button down for 10 seconds. This seemed, this seemed to re-link the key with the immobiliser again, and it started.

Hope this helps.
carpy
My Cars:

Post by carpy »

Hi tried that and it hasn't worked, at a loss now :(
2001 C5 2.0Hdi LX
wareb321
My Cars:

Post by wareb321 »

Try disconnecting the car battery for 2 mins, reconnecting, allow 1 minute to start-up, then try the procedure I mentioned before. Also, do not leave the keys in the car while you disconnect/re-connect the battery. Do a search on the forum for the exact battery disconnect procedure if you want to do it properly.

If this still fails, then I'm afraid your key is no longer programmed to the immobiliser. Do you have a spare key you can try? I think you need the original key code number that came with the car to re-program the key.

Hope this helps :)
carpy
My Cars:

Post by carpy »

Hi, thanks for the input, will give it a go tomorrow
2001 C5 2.0Hdi LX