replying to thread post ends up on main citroen index page

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

replying to thread post ends up on main citroen index page

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

This is a reply to a thread but had to give it a name in the subject line because it insisted I did, when replying to a thread Now it ends up as a new subject, Admin dont believe me if anyone else experiences this use the subject line to point out the problem please as your reply ,may well end up as a new thread in the index like mine. the thread I was replying to is "
Xantia Estate Handling"

right this seems to be an issue with Firefox I deleted it and reloaded it ran a scan disk and file fix on C drive and then a defrag and it now seems to be fine. still looking for the little bug that caused this problem.

regards Nigel
Last edited by falling-out-with-my-car on 26 Sep 2011, 22:29, edited 2 times in total.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

We do believe you but I can't reproduce it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

What operating system does your computer have and, especially, what browser are you using?

Does it only ever happen on one computer?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Nigel, any chance you can do a print screen and show us what you get?
What happens when you use the quote button rather than reply?
Have you cleared your cache, remembering if you're using IE to make sure Preserve favourites website data is unticked?
We'll get to the bottom of this don't you worry :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Nigel, when you hover your mouse over the reply button and at the bottom of your browser it should show the link that clicking will take you to, it should be:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/posting.php?mode=

Can you tell me what appears after the mode=

Thanks

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

trying to reply in IE instead of firefox it must be a fault in firefox which wont let me answer posts and wants me to enter a subject to enter the reply as a new topic, will try to fix this.

appolagies Jim seems it is my problem.

regards Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I can see from the logs that your browser has been hitting new topic rather than reply.
I'll crank up firefox 6.02 too and see if it's having trouble parsing the page layout so putting the reply image over the new topic link which would explain things.

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Hmm, fresh install of Firefox is working for me, have you got any add ons installed like noscript? (if you haven't then I highly recommend it)

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

trying to reply via fresh install of Firefox although the replying page is not displaying properly but can see the box to type in also added no script as advised.

well that seems to work shutting down to reset and perform scandisk and repair system files. back later

regards Nigel.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

no script prevents websites running scripts, it takes a little getting used to to configure it properly, and you can set it to always trust sites you know are safe such as the bbc.
You can allow individual components such as a flash movie on the website.
I use it whenever I'm sent an link that I'm not sure of, although more often than not I'll actually use my phone to check such things out.

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

I can reply ok now Xac but the reply page still doesnt display properly somethings still not right with firefox

regards Nigel
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

can you post a screen capture of it Nigel?

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

No I tried that Xac and it wouldn't capture I have right clicked the mouse and reloaded the reply page and the screen has reset in Firefox and now displays correctly the blue bar at the top of the reply page where it says Post a Reply was displayed with two rows of the word profile in yellow letters.

have just done a defrag for the first time in a month I know disgusting maintenance habits I usually pay more attention to maintenance than that.

reloaded Firefox and it fixed the reply problem. also disabled no scripts as it didn't fix the problem my internet security is set to block scripts unless trusted anyway. I have been running the beta version of system care free version 5.0 seems it may have done some damage.

apologies to all for leading you up the garden path when it was my own problem. :oops:
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

No worries Nigel, we're always happy to help :)

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

Thanks Xac.

regards Nigel.