GSF PART NUMBERS?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ask Martin at Pleiades to drop you a few in the post Mike..

Much easier than faffing around the GSF site :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Also, unless thje old ones are really badly damaged, they're normally reusable.. Keep 'em the same orientation and you'll be very unlucky if they weep...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Interesting - I always turn them about-face for a second use.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Interesting - I always turn them about-face for a second use.
You need to because you're in Australia.....
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you get a new sphere seal with each new sphere, AMTEC anyhow which i never use as i feel they feel to soft compaired to OE seals with the green outter face,

if you still require some sphere seals send me your postal address and i will stick some in the post bforyou,

how many do you want , :twisted: :shock: :lol: :wink:

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Lets see if you paid attention in your French lessons at school :lol:

13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

:D :lol:

That's all in West Country.. Ohh AR...

Interestingly all the AR ones are generally hARd to to undo!!!!!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, if the Activa sphere had no pressure behind it, it'll be a good idea to check the Activa accumulator under the battery tray.. It may be a bit pancake-like unless you've already replaced it....
superloopy1 wrote: What's all this about them being a b**ger to remove :?
Just ask Chris570 :wink: :lol:
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

that looks a load of balls you have there under your rear end Richard,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The Activa accumulator, under the battery tray, looks like an anti-sink sphere so it will need a 4.5mm seal to go with it. It's a 'Martin Special' as it needs to be inflated to 62 bars.

That too is the one also that is best attacked by removing it complete with bracket so that it can be attacked in a vice. Where it hides it's often forgotten and that's the basis on which I judge it might be flat... If the Activa Balancing sphere (the SC-CAR AR one) at the back was then it's a fair bet the accumulator is too...

The relationship between them is that the Activa Accumulator is a reserve of pressure for the Activa system and is fed from the top of the security valve so it won't start to charge until full system pressure is reached. It's the first to be isolated when the main system pressure falls and thus normally there is always a lot of pressure in the Activa system even after opening the main pressure regulator bleed valve. This is what makes it hard to remove the SC-CAR sphere at the rear...

The purpose of the Activa Balancing sphere (SC-CAR AR) is to act as a spring between the anti-roll bars. If it's flat you'll have a hard ride. The Activa electrovalve switches this sphere in and out for gentle and aggressive roll correction as required. Aggressive roll correction makes the bars very stiff and hence a hard ride.

The Hydractive centre spheres at both ends are normal accumulator-type spheres that screw directly into sphere blocks and are always hard to remove due to them always having some pressure trapped behind them. The front will be found to be either perfectly good or ruptured and the rear one may well be flat.

For the Hydractives you need a good tool and some percussive effort (from a big hammer) to remove them. They're tight only because of trapped pressure behind them...

Hope that helps a bit Mike...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mike,

Here's the official Activa Sphere table:

The Activa balancing Sphere (Called the SC-CAR Regulator) is a conventional block mounted sphere whereas the Activa Accumulator looks like the Anti-Sink, hence grouped together...

A weak main accumulator can often be found to use as an Activa balancing sphere as it's quite lowly pressured at 30 bars...

So, you have a Technosir? Excellent, I'm envious :P A good thing to have with an Activa or two, that's for sure.

You'll find a big difference once all the spheres are good, Activas are very critical of sphere pressures.
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Some say 20 bars but as you have the kit Mike, anything is worth a try. If the sphere tester registers a tad of residual pressure then it's worth a shot. I'd say 5 bars...

I know Robert Smart has regassed spheres using the Tecnosir and he may be able to suggest the best way to open the plug. I'd say slowly, very slowly and let the nitrogen escape very gently...

Eye protection would be well recommended though...
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Put sphere in vice, grip plug with mouldygrips, turn slightly.

The rush of gas is impressive - wear ear protection. However there is plenty of thread engagement and you won't be pierced by a flying end plug.
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

How much was your regassing kit just out of interest??

Thanks!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

For a more detailed sphere chart including the size of damper holes look here then click "Technics" in the left column followed by "Technical Data" followed by not surprisingly "Sphere's" :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH