Todays stupid question. Saloon to estate seat swap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

torq
My Cars:

Todays stupid question. Saloon to estate seat swap

Post by torq »

Hi Guys,
and todays stupid question is. I can get a set of leather seats from a saloon fairly cheap and wondering will they fit my estate? I assume the fronts will without any problem, but will the rears? I suspect they will but I'd like a bit of reassurance before I hand over the cash!
Thanks.
T
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The short answer is no....

The long answer is probably, with a bit of persuasion! The Estate rears are a different width and have a different attachment type (loop rather than pin) so some 'adjustment' of the car is required to fit them.

Edit...hang on a mo - above is relevant to a Xantia - but just realised yours is a C5 :oops: No idea then....
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Short answer no, longer answer yes, with mods...

Basically, the hatch and estate have different rear seat upright latching arrangements. The hatch is on a pin and clip whereas the estate has a hoop.

John (jgra1) has successfully done the conversion in the opposite sense - estate into a hatch..

This is the estate hoop:

And this is the hatch pin...

You'll also need the seatbelt lower webbing from the donor as estate rears have a differing eentre belt arrangement to the hatch; basically the intertia reel is in the seat upright.

It will need a bit of surgery on the seats uprights that's fior sure but dimensionally the should be OK.

Fronts are no problem at all; a straight swap but you will need to arrange a suitable feed for the seat motors...

If the donors are heated as well, recover the full seat looms and the heating control rheostats in the centre console and the oddment tray with the cutouts for them if yours doesn't already have them disguised as coin holders.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: Edit...hang on a mo - above is relevant to a Xantia - but just realised yours is a C5 :oops: No idea then....
Ahh, I fell into the same trap Richard :)

If indeed it's a C5 I have no idea either but I'll guess you'll be up against similar issues...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
torq
My Cars:

Post by torq »

Thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately the question is now purely academic as they were too cheap and have been snapped up by some other lucky soul!

Thanks.

Torq