Well Used Traccy'

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Dippy
My Cars:

Well Used Traccy'

Post by Dippy »

Came across this

Bit rough round the edges , but has a lovely patina of being used - not just posed.

Looked a bit Dinky compared to the Syn' didn't get chance to speak to the driver/owner - but I bet He wouldn't swap.....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/p1030428a.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Dippy on 27 Dec 2011, 20:18, edited 2 times in total.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I also like the matching period model on the back seat, proper aeromodelling building them yourself not straight out of a box :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

DickieG wrote:I also like the matching period model on the back seat, proper aeromodelling building them yourself not straight out of a box :D
And He was flying it - not just fer show.

Quite a few of em' there :D as in Hundreds .

A scale Bleriot would have set it off - just so - perhaps.

I have to stop sniffin' the dope. bit late now :wink:
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

What/where was the show? I haven't been to one for a few years now, I used to build models back in the 70's right from gliders (KK Caprice), rubber powered, to free flight (run after it :lol: ) then to R/C when 4 channels was rare, many were still using pulse single channel radio's but I saved up for a Futaba 3 channel system that had a brown transmitter which I still have. Had great fun building some David Boddington R/C models (Tinker was brilliant) then moved onto a Gangster, great days, as I'm soon to retire I quite fancy building a Puppeteer as a retirement project :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

DickieG wrote:What/where was the show? I haven't been to one for a few years now, I used to build models back in the 70's right from gliders (KK Caprice), rubber powered, to free flight (run after it :lol: ) then to R/C when 4 channels was rare, many were still using pulse single channel radio's but I saved up for a Futaba 3 channel system that had a brown transmitter which I still have. Had great fun building some David Boddington R/C models (Tinker was brilliant) then moved onto a Gangster, great days, as I'm soon to retire I quite fancy building a Puppeteer as a retirement project :D
No Comment ( Gestapo Car nearby)

http://www.bmfa.org/
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

DickieG wrote:as I'm soon to retire I quite fancy building a Puppeteer as a retirement project :D
Sorry, I just had an image of you doing a Punch and Judy show. I would pay to see that.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

red_dwarfers wrote:
DickieG wrote:as I'm soon to retire I quite fancy building a Puppeteer as a retirement project :D
Sorry, I just had an image of you doing a Punch and Judy show. I would pay to see that.
Methinks the Gentleman meant a Flair Puppeteer ( Sopwith Pup lookalike) 8-)

Fly very well actually :wink:

Never mind im' Mr DickieG we are accumulating serious points for the Anorak of the year award........
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Looks like a nice model he's built, the dope was good stuff, i remember my dad using it when he built his many years ago.
Ive got a soon to be babies room full of models i have not flown for over a year now too :cry:

spirit Elite8 by Deanxm, on Flickr

anyone else got some piccies? (well it wasnt on topic when i joined in anyway)

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

red_dwarfers wrote:
This is the Puppeteer I'm taking about :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Dippy wrote:Methinks the Gentleman meant a Flair Puppeteer ( Sopwith Pup lookalike) 8-)

Fly very well actually :wink:

Never mind im' Mr DickieG we are accumulating serious points for the Anorak of the year award........
:lol: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH