question.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

question.

Post by lexi »

I have recently tried a search on the tab at top of page.

"why is search facility so poor"

It came up with a host of answers :lol: Yeah I know it aint surprising but it was the Irony..............suit yourselves, I'll get me coat :lol: :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

To get the best out of the search click the button "Search on all words" or whatever it states, the search only works on words of more than three letters.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Also use logical operators in your search terms.

Say you want to search for topics dealing with hydractive valves.

If you use the search term hydractive valves on its own it will returns all topics in the resultset that have the word hydractive and all the topics that have the word valve in them. Thus you get many irrelevant hits.

However if you use the logical operator AND in the term so that your search term becomes hydractive AND valves then the returned resultset wil only include topics where the words hydractive AND valves appear in the same ttopic, thus making the search much more relevant.

You can also use the OR and NOT operators to limit the resultset even further although this is rarely necessary.

Search with logical operators works tolerably well...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i spoz the prob with search on this forum is most threads get hyjacked and end up about something completly diferent to what the start as :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink:

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

;)

Post by addo »

That's true. When my mother makes short pastry, she sifts the flour into the mix through a sieve. I've always just taken the blokey approach and chucked it in by the cupful, figuring that thorough kneading pretty much takes up the slack in my technique. Anyone else got an opinion on this?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:i spoz the prob with search on this forum is most threads get hyjacked and end up about something completly diferent to what the start as :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink:
Nope, that's not the problem. Search works on words so using my example above if the words hydractive and valve appear in a tread about Galapagos Island Tortoises it will still find it.

Adam, what are you smoking tonight then? :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm choofing nowt - just trying my darndest to drag a thread O/T! :lol:
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

of course the sifting technique vs cupful/man method will have different results depending on how much you're making, if you're making a load of pastry you're gonna have to do an awful lot of kneeding to get all the of the mix to mix with all the mixture if that makes sense.

(next random topic please :P)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

No need for the AND if you click the search all terms button. Don't use common words such as 'the'. Also click the 'show posts' buttons, otherwise it invariably throws up the 100+ pages of one of Jim's epic threads (actually I don't think there has been an 'Epic' thread :lol: ) but doesn't give a clue as to which page it's on :roll:
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:I'm choofing nowt - just trying my darndest to drag a thread O/T! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I just tip the ingredients into the breadmaker and let it sort it all out. So long as I weigh the raw ingredients it invariably does...

I can safely say I have not bought a loaf of bread for around two years now...
Jim

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Has anyone got advice through practical experience of removing anti-roll bars on a CR-01 and suggestions for the most suitable ESC to use?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

You can use Google (other search engines are available) to find topics within forum threads, which often works better than the 'internal' search facility.

I gather the idea is to remove any lumps, and to introduce 'air' (which I take to mean ensuring that the particles are well separated).

Does any one know if early C5s use OAT or standard coolant?

I wonder how may subjects we can get running in one thread? Reply to one or more existing comment (without reference to which), and add your own!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The C5’s had OAT from the beginning.
Mine does, made in November 2002.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I use BARLEY in mine but the only problem is that once a year I have to harvest it..

Still, on the plus-side, what I harvest from it can go in ther bread maker...

On another topic, what might be considered the best position to mount the LPG vapouriser in a V6 XM?
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote:one of Jim's epic threads (actually I don't think there has been an 'Epic' thread :lol: )
Yep, I've done some epic threads Richard, but I reckon you may be right. I've not done an epic on an EPIC (yet!!!)....

I'm enjoying this thread...
Jim