My Puglet doesn't like wet weather

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

poddack

My Puglet doesn't like wet weather

Post by poddack »

My XUD11BTE doesn't like the rain, the rare ocassions when she won't start first time when hot or when I get loud nailing or a rougher idle is when it rains. I thought I sorted it last weekend, every time she nails I saw bubble in the fuel pipes. They along with the bulb and the filter bowl have been replaced, it seemed to cure it until it chucked it down this evening.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

How odd :?

I cannot think of any reason why but it's worth checking the ECU box is not filling with water...

Your symptoms are normally those given by an intermittently duff Needle Lift Sensor on No.4 injector.

Check it's in-line plug (the black one near the engine mount) as that may be getting damp in the rain and making a bad connection.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
poddack

Post by poddack »

Will check that tomorrow, funny it clears up after squeezing the bulb.
poddack

Post by poddack »

I had a little look, the connector looks absolutely fine.
Although tonight I noticed a cyclic subtle change in idle speed every two seconds, so I thought I'd try driving with the needle sensor disconnected.
I think the funny idle stopped, she didn't nail at all on the way home, maybe a little less power.
I have measured the resistance, it's 125R the other injector I have measures 105R.
Do you know what the sensor is, a coil, a reed switch or a hall effect IC?
Also when I get the problem of nailing is it an absence of the signal, the signal coming or going, or a change in amplitude?
poddack

Post by poddack »

I will be scoping it tomorrow.
marty1979
My Cars:

Post by marty1979 »

I had this problem on my 2.1, I changed the leak off pipes and the bung at the end and it hasn't done it since.
poddack

Post by poddack »

My Puglet has new leak off pipes and bung. I have put my old injectors back in, so we'll see what happens.
poddack

Post by poddack »

I think you were right CitroJim, I have popped the old injectors back in and the nailing has stopped, I have a little bit more poke and less smoke.
The emissions on the MOT this morning were very low too.