Distributor Vacuum Capsule - Jon?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Linegeist
My Cars:

Distributor Vacuum Capsule - Jon?

Post by Linegeist »

'86 BX 1,9GT Lego - just found out that the vacuum advance isn't working because the diaphragm's had it.......will it never end???[:o)]
Now I remember you used to be able to get the Bosch capsule unit on its own - is that still possible, and what info d'you need to match it up to the specific car? IIRC they're pretty standard but I'm probably wrong (again).........[xx(]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Just looked this up, and its not shown as a separate part, only as a complete dizzy.
Looks like a s/hand one may be on the cards, anything off a BX 16/19 carb should be OK.
If theres a Bosch number on the old one, let me know, I may be able to get direct from Bosch.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

About 4-5 years ago, when I had that problem (BX16 '89), Bosch vacum diaphragm was available as a separate part, but mine (Ducelier) wasn't, only complete distributor, costing about 200 DEM. I bought Bosch diaphragm (about 50 DEM) and combined it with the old one. It took about 3h of work. The system still works (well, its characteristics are slightly different than it should be, but who cares).
Linegeist
My Cars:

Post by Linegeist »

I suppose if I REALLY wanted a challenge I could always make up a diaphragm......
I had a particularly inventive Corporal many years ago in Germany who, whilst on exercise, fixed a vacuum advance capsule on a Bedford 3 tonner using a condom of all things!! I was assured by my MT Sergeant that the vehicle wasn't totally 'screwed up' by this ................... [:0][:0][:0][:D]