can anyone point to a headlamp alignment diagram please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

can anyone point to a headlamp alignment diagram please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, I am sure that somewhere over the years I saw a headlamp alignment diagram somewhere, all the new Haynes Books say refer to a citroen dealership my sons headlamps were to low at MOT time on his Citroen AX.
adjustment is difficult because the adjusters are slightly dodgy, but they can be adjusted if you know how to do it.

does anyone know of or is anyone able to point me to a headlamp alignment diagram please? I am pretty sure that there is a system of measurements that can be made to align your own headlamps against a wall with the vehicle on a flat surface.

many thanks in advance.

Nigel.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Find flat surface with wall at end. Drive car right up to wall, dip lights on, mark the centre of the lights on the wall. Drive straight back about 20 feet, you will still see the two centres of the lights, and you should see them move away from the marks. Adjust to slightly below and to the left of the marks.
Richard W
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

RichardW,

Thanks for that I somehow remembered a way to do it, but needed a nudge.

thanks again Nigel.