Hot blower/fan connection.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Porkyblader
My Cars:

Hot blower/fan connection.

Post by Porkyblader »

Hello all,driving about today in my 02 Dispatch when suddenly the blower stopped working. :?
I have since checked for clean connections from the slider to the circuit board and seem ok but untested,however I unplugged the power supply to the fan and reconnected it and hey presto the blower is back up and running.I have had the fan running high and low for a while now and still working but have noticed that the connector to the blower is quite hot..is this normal or something I should start to worry about ???
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

As the contacts age and become less efficient, the 30A it can draw on full blow heats them up making them expand and work their way off, reducing the contact further and making them heat more.
On most Xantias for instance, the brown plug can become so "burnt" it falls apart.
On Cassy it was getting tempremental so I replaced the brown plug with individual insulated connectors and it's been fine since.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Porkyblader
My Cars:

Post by Porkyblader »

Thanks for the reply Xac,I think ill fit a new connector block or insulated connectors as what you have done & hopefully solve this issue.