cant find my C3 thread

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

cant find my C3 thread

Post by citronut »

i ran a thread regarding an 04 C3 engine management fault a while ago and cant seem to find it,

the owner turned up this morning saying the display say's the car it over heating,

i opended the bonnet the fan was running, top hose was not over hot or under presure, removed header tank cap not even the slightest hiss,

but there is white not creamy gooo around the filler kneck and what looks like oil ontop of the coolant, no coolant in the oil though,

so my first question is has anyone experianced red and blue antifreeze mixed, and what were the symtons,

regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Would that be This thread ?
Firstly the coolant temp sensors are very common failures & very likley if the engine is not actually overheating. Did you have your lexia on it & read the live data from the sensor ? it will usually give a silly reading if its faulty & will sometimes log a fault code.
I know there are certain types of anti freeze that if you mix can congeal & go jelly like.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

this car has had both the temprature sensors replaced, but its still comming up saying its over heating and uder the bonnet there is no evidence,

appart from today the oily goo in the header tank

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok so i be/headed her on thur to find the triangular section of the head gasket, the bit that usualy faile's and leaks oil down the front of the cranck case, has failed slightly and alowing very slight oil into the water,

regards malcolm
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

It is possible for oily goo in the coolant to coat the sensors and cause them to send a false signal. Keeps coming back as a problem no matter how much you clean and flush until you get rid of the goo. That clings to the inside of the hoses as you drain down and reappears when you refill.

John
Xmexclusive
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i dont think so as on removeing the head there is no further evidence of goo than in the kneck of the header tank,

also the over heating fault has been coming up way back before any sign of goo,

regards malcolm