Aftermarket central locking kit thoughts please.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Porkyblader
My Cars:

Aftermarket central locking kit thoughts please.

Post by Porkyblader »

I own a 2002 dispatch which is a non central locking model..old fashioned key thingys...I only wish to adapt the front door spinning crappy locks :x as rear have security locks so thinking of fitting an aftermarket central lock kit,anyone fitted one & whats your thoughts on installation & reliability please.
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Had the same trouble with the locks on my Dispatch , I had a new key cut as there was only one key with the van and that opens all the locks the old one used to struggle with . I did consider having a remote alarm fitted by a company called National Vehicle Security and they would fit cental locking if you had it done as the same time as the alarm for £10/15 per door , the only extra cost would have been the contacts for the sliding doors which are quite expensive . The price for a remote central locking alarm is pretty reasonable for just the front doors

Mark
Porkyblader
My Cars:

Post by Porkyblader »

Thanks for the reply Mark,have tried a new key,removing the locks & soaking overnight in cleaning fluid without success so I guess the tumblers within the barrels are badly worn,I could buy for around £60 two new locks but have very little confidence in the lock durability so think I will try an aftermarket locking kit & see how that goes or failing that ill weld the bloody doors shut & get through the window like the dukes of hazard!!!
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

hi porky. :) i had the same issue with citroen synergie..........i took one of my lock barrels to a local locksmiths who cut me a key from the number that was printed on the key......... 20 quid later my doors locked. :)
imperial21
My Cars:

Post by imperial21 »

Hi
Many years ago i used an aftermarket remote locking kit, it was easy to fit and worked fine i bought it on ebay it was about £30 i think ! I only used it for the front doors of a car but it wont make a difference to you with a van.
I think its a good idea for your problem, the kits come ready wired, You fit the solonoids and wiring. job done !!!
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I fitted one years ago to a Mk2 Astra. It was a 4 door kit to a 3 door car (so I could do the boot too)

The only "problem" was the wiring supplied is no where near long enough.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
thorter
My Cars:

Post by thorter »

Take a look at Maplin kit YD77J at £25. I have also found the actuators are OK as replacements.

Fred