where is the ecu?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

where is the ecu?

Post by deano1970 »

hi guys, sorry for coming into the wrong room again but even with a peugeot, I seem to get more answers from here. ok I have a 406 2.0 hdi y reg 2001, just got the oil and filter changed at local garage cos we were going away,anyway,on the way home from hols, I got engine management light on and antipollution fault in the display. well, It got us home,then it went off for a day, now it's back, running ok most of the time,sometimes a bit juddery. seen lot's of reasons or guesses as to why this fault is there...anyway, what I want to know is,where is the ecu on my pug? be grateful if any of you knowledgeable blokes(or gals) would have a look at my post in peugeot titled "antipollution update, help" be very grateful. don't want to put it in garage as this problem seems to re occur however much money people spend on their cars... maybe time to go back to a xantia..........cheers,dean
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: where is the ecu?

Post by VertVega »

deano1970 wrote:... what I want to know is,where is the ecu on my pug? ... maybe time to go back to a Xantia..........cheers,dean
ECU should be in the engine bay, in the similar place in a black box, as in Xantia.
Location is behind the right side headlight but this information doesn't help you so much.
I think you should better plug tester (Lexia/PP2000) to the OBDII connector (ECU interface)
which is in the cabin fuse box, above driver's foot.
deano1970 wrote: ... maybe time to go back to a Xantia....
Image (this is my personal opinion :) )
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual