Xantia Rear Parcel Shelf

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

Xantia Rear Parcel Shelf

Post by acrowot »

When I lift up the tailgate on my Xantia the parcel shelf does not lift up with it. The cords that attach the shelf to the tailgate are missing, does anyone know if these cords are available seperately and how do they work, do they have some sort of tensioning mechanism to keep them taut?. My shelf also has a sun blind in it if it makes a differance.
Xantia 1.9 TDSX
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Yes John they are available from Citroen as a little kit for about £12...a bargain!
There are the cords, elastic parts and plastic anchor/guide bungs.
You have to push a stiff wire through from each end to hook the cords back and some would say it is a fiddly job...but I can't stand a droopy parcel shelf or cords hanging loose.
David
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Thanks for your reply David, it is good news that the kit is available as a seperate item,the little plastic inserts are also missing on mine.I had seen these cords on someone else's car and thought they retracted into a plastic channel but I did expect to have to purchase a new parcel shelf.
John
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

For a MK1 Xantia, the cords and fittings part number is 95669055, called a Displacement Limiter on the catalogue
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

I must report that on my Mk1 Xantia this part doesn't lift up for more then year. I'dd like to replace it also but not sure if mentioned catalogue part number would be the same in Croatia. Anyone with experience with this?
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

As far as I'm aware Citroen use standard part numbers for all markets. Anything else would be a nightmare to manage.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

alternativly you could do as I did and get a length of your wife's best knicker elastic and replace the thing for 20p