Cost of new clutch for Synergie

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Cost of new clutch for Synergie

Post by thatfatbloke »

Would anybody have any idea of an inclusive price to replace the clutch in the pile of poo. Just had the cable replaced and the bloke seemed to think that the clutch is probably on the way out as suggested on this forum. Checked fleabay for a price for a clutch kit and it varies from £60 to over £200. Is it a long job?.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi FB.. malcolm (citronut) on here may quote you for it.. he is not far away..

otherwise I would consider taking it on... It's reasonably straightforward if it is anything like most PSA cars of the era....but i think my Xantia booked @ 6 hours or so.. and something like £4-500!

I would probably do it for you :D (if you supplied the kit, oil, and probably the two plastic bushings, also may be worth a few £ on the driveshaft seals) but I would need some drive space down there..

see what Mal says ..

John
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Post by thatfatbloke »

Thanks for the reply jgra1. In all honesty it's MOT time soon,will wait to see what it needs this year before we can make a decision about the clutch. I think even the wife has had enough of the thing now (it's her car) but I doubt very much she would get the clutch done if it's gonna be £4/500. Probably better off MOT'ing it and getting shot of it. Let someone else have the cost. But who knows..
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

ahh sorry no that's not the cost, my bad

I mean that's what a garage tried to tell me once, I grined, then drove home 100 miles clutchless with ease, and then set about it myself :)
then later I did a gearbox off on another xant
and also did a clutch on the current xant, although engine was out for that and other jobs

nooo I would be a lot less.. see if Malcolm is interested and then pm me post MOT? unless it's cold outside ;) !

John
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

well if you dont dont take it on when/if the time comes John,

i will certainly do it and charge £230 labour pluss parts,

i also certainly would not recomend a cheap clutch kit if you are keeping the wagon,

as John says its best to fit diff outlet seals and fork bush's at the same time,

i fitted a cheap kit many moons ago for a taxi driver he supplied the kit, i had to wind the adjuster all the way to the end of its adjustment to get any clutch at all :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil:

regards malcolm
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Post by thatfatbloke »

Thanks for replies chaps.I think the wife really has had enough of it now (finally). It really wouldn't be worth spending the money on the clutch. So MOT and get rid of the thing. Thanks again.
naffa
My Cars:

Post by naffa »

I know you've decided not to get the clutch replaced but as a reference point I had mine replaced (synergie 2l petrol) earlier this year.
New, not recon clutch kit, clutch cable, selector fork, crankshaft oil seal. £250 parts and labour, with 2 yrs warranty.
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

naffa wrote:I know you've decided not to get the clutch replaced but as a reference point I had mine replaced (synergie 2l petrol) earlier this year.
New, not recon clutch kit, clutch cable, selector fork, crankshaft oil seal. £250 parts and labour, with 2 yrs warranty.

that sound way to cheap were the parts nocked off :shock: :wink:,

or was the laobour tea and chocky biccies :lol:

regards malcolm