Xantia 96 Fogs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bostwickenator

Xantia 96 Fogs

Post by bostwickenator »

Hi guys.

I'm having no luck finding out which relays the front fog lights are run through. I had a look at the electrical diagrams and its a damn complicated setup (which would take about 6 lines of C++ on a microprocessor today). The problem is it doesn't tell me where they are on the car.

The basic problem is that the lights don't work. The light on the dash switch doesn't light either when pressed so I assume the relays are to blame.

Any advice on how to go about fixing this?
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

on my mk2 xantia its a fuse in the engine bay behind the battery that causes mine to stop working, i don't know if the mk1 is the same in that respect. worth checking the fuses under the bonnet though
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
bostwickenator

Post by bostwickenator »

Cheers, I've already had a quick look in that fusebox I didn't notice a bad one.

Did that cause the dash light to stay unilluminated?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Here's the fogs circuit diagram for the early MK1 with the fogs operated via a dash-mounted switch. This should be good for your '96 machine.

Here's the Harness Diagram to go with it...

If yours has the fogs operated by the stalk switch, let me know and I'll dig out the diagram for that...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bostwickenator

Post by bostwickenator »

You rock! That harness diagram is just what I was looking for! Unless you have a photo with a giant arrow drawn on it :lol:. I do indeed have the dash switch version.