Appalling driving

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Appalling driving

Post by myglaren »

Just watched this posted on autoshite, horrific driving
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

That is absolutely shocking!
I can't believe she denied it although from the sounds of it maybe she didn't actually notice hitting the OAP!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Good grief, she must have been on drugs !!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

sadly i dont think she was on anything, some people are just that clueless/careless and ignorant on the roads unfortunatly.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

IMO this is what we need real police on the roads for, not cameras.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

myglaren wrote:IMO this is what we need real police on the roads for, not cameras.
Exactly!

Although having read this on the day that there will be large cuts in Police numbers in the future, apparently due to economic reasons, means that this retard way of driving, will not get attended to in the appropriate manner with a Policeperson dealing with it.

What price do you put on the life of someone killed, or badly injured by this type of driving!

There also could be certain types of driver who do this, to not get done by the camera on their side of the road, and switch to the other opposite lane (without a camera) so as to avoid the speed camera.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

There also could be certain types of driver who do this, to not get done by the camera on their side of the road, and switch to the other opposite lane (without a camera) so as to avoid the speed camera.
I thought most cameras covered both lanes to avoid this? I certainly seem to see lots of cameras pointing only one way but with markings on both sides of the road.

As for the driving in the video, appaling really is the only word for it. She must have known she hit someone as she seemed to speed up after she hit him. Good on the bloke for chasing her down.
IMO this is what we need real police on the roads for, not cameras.
I agree entirely. Cameras might have their place, but there are some things you need an actually police officer out and about seeing whats going on and being able to deal with it.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Absolutely crazy !!! :shock:

She probably only got a slap on the wrist too :roll:
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

I was shocked today to watch the driver of a Xantia Estate no less, almost have a very serious accident which would have been entirely his fault !!

I watched from behind at a safe distance as he attempted to overtake a car that had indicated to turn right before he even commenced the overtake !! I watched in dread as the car turning right moved more and more to the centre of the road and slowed as he did so, at the same time the Xantia just continued to accelerate driving straight for the turning vehicle. Just as I expected the collision Mr Xantia seemed to wake up and see the car almost side on to him and stand the Xantia on it's nose !
Had it not had ABS he would have still hit the other car, HARD !

Grief it was close !!

The car turned, I think oblivious to what had happened and Mr Xantia drove away, slowly !

I overtook him a little further along the road and took a quick look at him, he was as white as a sheet !!
Lucky, lucky guy but also VERY, VERY stupid, Xantia driver or not !
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Here's another, on The Beeb.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:Anyone you know Richard?
No I don't know him, he's from Surrey and whilst its admirable that he gave chase on foot, he's an idiot for placing his car directly into the path of the BMW and in the process seriously risking his operators life, then for him to get out as the car approaches,,, words fail me :roll: clearly a need for further training.

On the first video, whilst the driver of the red Mercedes was clearly idiotic I think the "self confessed so called experts" in the video car could have a few awkward questions to answer if the CPS showed interest. Early in the video where they turn right they criticise the other driver then carry out an almost identical manoeuvre followed by one of them saying "I recon if we stay up her ass we might be able to get her to do something dodgy" I'd like to see that explained away in court! Even prior to the collision with the pedestrian they are clearly think they are exempt from speed limits :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:Anyone you know Richard?
No I don't know him, he's from Surrey and whilst its admirable that he gave chase on foot, he's an idiot for placing his car directly into the path of the BMW and in the process seriously risking his operators life, then for him to get out as the car approaches,,, words fail me :roll: clearly a need for further training.

On the first video, whilst the driver of the red Mercedes was clearly idiotic I think the "self confessed so called experts" in the video car could have a few awkward questions to answer if the CPS showed interest. Early in the video where they turn right they criticise the other driver then carry out an almost identical manoeuvre followed by one of them saying "I recon if we stay up her ass we might be able to get her to do something dodgy" I'd like to see that explained away in court! Even prior to the collision with the pedestrian they are clearly think they are exempt from speed limits :roll:
He appears to be giving the term "sleeping policeman" a new meaning by putting the car in harms way, with no way getting out of danger quickly, and retraining should be done!

Note in respect of harms way his colleague was even more in danger if the car had been "T" boned at the "A" - "B" post area instead of at the rear.

So, it was lucky it hit at the rear although not for the driver, note we are told to stay in our car in a lot of circumstances, because it's safer this was one where he should have done just that.

Maybe the stinger was going to be deployed, but the patrol car should not have been stopped in that position!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

IIRC the training is meant to incite that the nose should always point in the direciton traffic is flowing so that there is a nice big buffer zone behind the occupants should anything hit for that exact reason, all the kit in the back can act as a small compressor to help absorb some shock load and thus save from more injury occuring..

Even if the strip was to be deployed as Dickie said the car should be no way in that poisition...

Makes me think of this link when seeing how some offices believe jo public should behave and do it themselves or ignore it...

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic7034.html
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

KP wrote:IIRC the training is meant to incite that the nose should always point in the direciton traffic is flowing so that there is a nice big buffer zone behind the occupants should anything hit for that exact reason, all the kit in the back can act as a small compressor to help absorb some shock load and thus save from more injury occuring..

Even if the strip was to be deployed as Dickie said the car should be no way in that poisition...

Makes me think of this link when seeing how some offices believe jo public should behave and do it themselves or ignore it...

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic7034.html
The guy making the video shouldn't have been walking down the motorway...