Citroen parts from France

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sifaan
(Donor 2020)

Citroen parts from France

Post by sifaan »

Hi!
I live in Sri Lanka and get most parts for my C5 from UK
I may have an opportunity soon to get some parts carried from france, and I wonder if anyone knows of any places that sell Citroen parts, preferably who will post to an address in France.
I did try searching for some webpages but it seems hard going, so I was wondering if any one could recommend some places?
(and it also might help me get 20% off since otherwise I am paying UK VAT rates! and these days EUR is very cheap!)

Thanks!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Adam (addo) is our resident guru on the purchasing of French and Italian car parts from Europe.

Have a look at his recent posts in the For Sale & Wanted forum and the Useful Links forum.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Ta Steve. I need to also acknowledge the sterling assistance of jgra1, as he's been an absolute lifesaver at times with Fleabay UK...

Anyhow - in response to the OP - you will still be paying 19% sales tax ("Prix TTC") in most Euro countries; to get a "Prix HT" (tax free price) you may need to find out if it's reclaimable or else have items sent directly abroad.

I use "genuine-parts.de" a lot. They're not always the cheapest or fastest but can be the easiest way to collate a bunch of mismatched items in one order. You will find them tax-free (good) but cop a 6% surcharge for PayPal unless you can do a telegraphic transfer cheaper.

Leboncoin may be your other option for parts, but it is seriously caveat emptor - having no seller scores like Fleabay, and no dispute resolution process. Just like the old days of mail order! :o
sifaan
(Donor 2020)

Post by sifaan »

Thanks for the responses;
when buying from UK, there's a particular dealer I've found to be both reasonably priced (some parts are cheaper than on ebay or breakers) and good to work with (I mail them part numbers, they send me prices, I pay by credit card and they post or deliver in London)

Is there someone like that in France to recommend?
the particular part I'm looking for at this instance (washer bottle 6431.E1) is probably cheaper at the dealers (although with postage costs, could work out to a similar price to breakers)