Xantia Manual to electric seats??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Xantia Manual to electric seats??

Post by Timmo »

Hi guys,
Newb to the Xant world here, and after moons of lurking finnally joined up the place to be for Xant knowledge! (according to google!!)

weve got a Xantia '98 1.9td Sx P2 estate and the drivers bolsters shot due to old owner with hip troubles kinda Landing in the seat for a few years!! now have found a full leather trim out of an exclusive at the local french breakers yard (is still in the car, sat in the yard, back onthe floor front Right up in the air!! poorly looking thing!), questions for you knowledgeable types is do the Xants have the wiring loom in them for the seat upgrades?? or do they need anew loom/plug in loom??
i'd quite happily get the seat into the right position and leave it but the wife uses the car too and can just about reach the wheel from where i have it but not the pedals heheh!
or is it too much hassle to do the swap???

many thanks in advance!!
Timmo.
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

do the swap Tim, electric leather is a great option on the Xanti in my opinion..

is the donor an estate? the rear seats are slighty different between the two models, although I have managed to get estate seats into my hatch ok, but wont recommend swapping between the two body styles..

the only main electrics the seats themselves need are a decent 12V + and - .. i took my + from the cigarette lighter as a temporary work-around 3 years ago and have not bothered spending more time on it.. although the correct method is the run the + from the fuse box.. others will have more info..
note that the seat heaters do need a bit more thought.. there should be two heat switches near the gearstick of the donor.. get those and maybe the wiring from under the seats (3 yellow and a white wire from memory, inot a brown plug) ..

the other seats harness should already be there (pretensioner, side air bags, and one other plug.)

note that early M2 xantias dont have side airbags, and later ones do.. if your car is a later one and you put the slightly earlier seats in, you may get a bag light on the dash,.

in a rush

John
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

John, thats great thanks matey!
its a newer car than mine, X plate i think it was, so could well have side bags ??? is also a saloon and mine an estate, but have been told that they are the same?? am tempted as for the coin is silly not to and if they can be worked with some simple bodging am sure i can manage that! would get the switches etc form the car too as was going for the lot, door cards and seats, remember fitting some to my brothers 406 saloon and having to wedge wires into plugs to move them so that they were in the right position for him lol!
sounds like a fun plan!!!!!
thank you muchly!!

'58 C2 Code
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

ahhh..
there wont be an issue with the front seats and rear seat bases but...ok the differences between estate and hatch rear seatbacks are important..

I think the estate seat back is a few mm wider, certainly fitting the estate seats into mine makes it a tight squeeze, but with you going the other way that should not be a problem..

but..
from what i can remember : the estate seats have :
a rear seat back lock with a U hoop, the hatch have a type of pin that inserts into the seat to lock it... so the only way the hatch seats will fit is if you can also find a way of mounting this pin... tricky...

beefier hinges that bolt to the floor..
a harder panel (facing towards the boot)
because of an integral 3 point center harness (hatch only has a lap belt in the center)

this could be a tricky change.. my suggestion now would be to grab the front seats, rear seat base only at this point (store the rest) but keep a lookout for an estate seat back in leather if you can... although not many will want to split this
door cards.. could be a difference with the back doors?
Last edited by jgra1 on 12 Jul 2011, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

eureka!

basically, you have what i need and i have what you need, regarding the seat backs

:D
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

hahaha! i quite like the sound of this plan!! the only downside is the hundreds of miles between the Bottom left and bottom right of this land!! :shock: :? :wink: so the seat backs may not fit but the rest will!
for the price i think its a no brainer really, -£60+vat and am sure parcel farce wont be too much for a seat back swapsie!!

i think the doors on the cars are the same arnt they between hatch and estate??

'58 C2 Code
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

ahh but i am often found wondering around the south west ;)

Timmo i have been writing in a rush, so others may need to sift through and point out some obvious things I have missed...

when you grab the seats, make sure you get the pins that retain the backs, as I may have lost mine....

also the belts and so on...

door cards, not sure....
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

okay matey, will do my best, not sure yet if they'll let me remove them myself yet, but will nip out and have a nose at ours now the good ladys home and see what tools i'll need to take with me!!
and then i'll make a list of what to pick up!!!

'58 C2 Code
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

John. had a good poke around the Xant down the yard this morning, and have decided to leave them there! i know there a Great price, but this morning in 25degrees as it was at 10 o'clock, they werent a comfy place to bee! the passenger seat control panel is also snapped between the base and back controlls and looked like it had been glued before, also a hole in the drivers seat on the base bolster, only about the size of the end of your little finger but was a Deep b#gger! you could see it was a rep's car by the use the drivers seat had compared tot he rest, (T plate HDI exclusive) so decided to leave it for now, - they are in no rush to break it, is a shame but just something about it wasnt quite right, :? :? :?

'58 C2 Code
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »