central locking fuel cap?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

central locking fuel cap?

Post by deano1970 »

ok,
sorry to post this on here,I know it's about a renault but I have had no reply there and I got one last time posting in here,so would be grateful if anyone can help?? hi,
we have a renault scenic 1.6 fidji 03 plate.......when the r/c/l/ is operated it is making a squealing sound,this is coming from the lock on the fuel cap. I locked and unlicked it with the cap open and it spins the bolt out into place, when unlocking,it spins back in but is very juddery and sometimes didn't fully come out,meaning the cap would still be locked even though the car was unlocked.

seems to be held in plae by a normal nut but what is there if I undo it? anybody else had this prob? and more importantly, does anybody know how I cure it? it seems to work ok most of the time but always makes this noise and it is the locking mechanism on the fuel cap? thanks for any help,
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Since you've written here I'll answer from my own experiences with Xantia.
I hope this will help to solve the problem with "Sister Renault" :)

There is a solenoid for fuel filler cap which is activated when the doors are locked.
This solenoid functions in the same way as the tailgate lock mechanism but the size
of the solenoid is about half the size of the tailgate solenoid.
They can sometimes disagree to cooperate with the central locking.
Then the only solution is to replace them.

In a Xantia it is not so easy access to it and usually the fixing screw is rusted :(

As a first solution:
- Squirt some PlusGas from the locking needle side
- Don't let the fuel tank too empty, (Fuel cap might stay locked and you notice it at the gas station :roll:)
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual