brakes Xantia hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

brakes Xantia hdi

Post by allanmc »

Hi the other day the bkrake ware light on the dash came on at that stage I was unsure why as the ware sensor wires were not conected. anyway had a look and dicovered that the ferodo onone of the pads had seperated from the metal. so fitted new pads on fri. and checked the rear pads at the same time and all seamed OK however on completion the wee light on the dashboard is still lit can someone help me please
Allanmc
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

The light circuit is really simple, just two wires each side and if the circuit is completed the light comes on.
If the light is on when the brake pad leads aren't even connected (or are brand new) then chances are the 12v wire's gotten nicked and is shorting out.
Follow the wires back under the car and look for any breakages.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

The wire that would have connected to one of the front pads has chafed through somewhere and will be shorted to earth. It's just a coincidence that the pads turned out to be needing replaced.

You need to follow the wire, which will probably end at a female bullet connector clipped to the strut, and see where it's chafed. You can either insulate it with tape or cut it off (having made sure it's the right wire of course).
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Ah, too slow. :oops:
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.