removing and refitting injectors - hdi dw10 xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eurotrotter

removing and refitting injectors - hdi dw10 xsara

Post by eurotrotter »

hey gang, just wondering wat's involved in removing an injector, i want to get mine refurbished and would like to know how i remove them, just to inspect them first of all, and then i just want to know if u guys can recommend a good refurbisher!

thanks very much,
Ed
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Removal is OK, as long as the copper seals havent failed and allowed a build up of soot in the injector house...

Basically, unplug the injector plugs and move the plastic harness rail to one side (2x 10mm nuts)

Then undo the fuel feed pipes... MAKE A NOTE: The injector to fuel rail pipes for each injector CROSS Over..

Remove these pipes (17mm spanner)

Then the injectors are held in simply be a Clamp.. 1x 13mm nut, left off the clamp you may need to lift the injector up a bit to get the clamp off..

If the injector is tight, try grasping it with grips on the sides... watch the plastic parts, and wiggle the injector.. If theres no combustion soot they will come away easyilly... though they may be a little tight and a bit of wiggleing and levering in the RIGHT PLACES should bring them out.

The injectors are NOT screwed in, they simply sit there.. Theres a copper "Fire Proof" washer on the end and at the top is a plastic Sealing "Jacket". These are not expensive and all should be changed when re fitting.

You might have to get new Rail to injector short pipes, as its been known for these not to re seal after re-fitting due to the very high pressures they work at. Ive been lucky so far and they have always re sealed for me...

But that about it really!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto