Xantia Series2 remote door locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Xantia Series2 remote door locking

Post by allanmc »

Ive been on the forum a few times about the key plips sometime they work and sometime they dont, well the other week I clicked on to a super sticky about guys with Lexia machines who would try and diagnose problems I contacted Colin in Falkirk and met him and he checked the car for me and the only thing that came up when he clicked on remote locking was fault with left side door button he then suggested I ask on the forum for some further help thanks
Allan
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

It depends upon what exactly the problem is but one suggestion I can give you is that I have come across a couple of times now is a poor connection where the block connector plugs into the door lock causing the central locking to immediately unlock after locking, on each occasion its been on the N/S/F door. To gain access you need to remove the door card etc.

When checking the plip with the Lexia was the parameters screen observed when the plips were fired, if so what state was each door lock shown to be in when the car was locked/unlocked?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xantia Colin
My Cars:

Post by Xantia Colin »

Hi DickieG,

I've only just been pointed in the direction of this thread, thanks for the reply.

This was the first series 2 car I had plugged the lexia into, wasn't aware there were details on the lock/unlock situation on the parameters screen, I simply ran full scan over it, didn't observe the parameters, hopefully I will get the chance to have a look at this at our next meeting. (Last Thursday of every month at The Stables in Kirkintilloch - all welcome)

The details on the fault did say N/S/F door where the fault was, so this does souond likely to be the cause.

Thanks,

Colin.
1996 Xantia 1.9td Estate
1994 Xantia 2.0 16v VSX Sinker
1993 Xantia 1.8 Sinker
1993 Xantia 1.9td Sinker
1996 Xantia Activa
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

Sorry to hijack this but just thought of somethign when I read it. Is there any way to get a later Citroen Plip to work with a Xantia with an RF system? The Xantia fob are too delicate, what with the buttons mounted side on to the board. When I got mine, both unlock buttons were broken off. Bit of solderign fixed them but now one has broken off again.

Any chance somethign liek one of these could be made work ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-2-BUT ... 3a627c47ba

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-2-BUT ... 3cb2feab1d
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I very much doubt it, the early system works on infra red whereas the later uses radio signals, so unless you change all the relevant components,,,,
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Stekelly
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

DickieG wrote:I very much doubt it, the early system works on infra red whereas the later uses radio signals, so unless you change all the relevant components,,,,
SII Xantias (well mine anywya, not sure when the change came) use RF
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Stekelly wrote:
DickieG wrote:I very much doubt it, the early system works on infra red whereas the later uses radio signals, so unless you change all the relevant components,,,,
RF = radio frequency/signals, same thing.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Stekelly
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

DickieG wrote:
Stekelly wrote:
RF = radio frequency/signals, same thing.
I know yeah. Have we crossed wires here?

I asked if they could be made work as both the Xantia and the later C2/3/4/5 etc fobs are rf, to which you replied " very much doubt it, the early system works on infra red whereas the later uses radio signals, so unless you change all the relevant components,,,," which I took to mean you saying all Xantias are IR and the fobs for later cars are RF.

So to come right back around, is there a reason why a later RF fob, say from a C4 or C5 couldnt be made operate a SII (RF)Xantia. :)
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Apologies I got the wrong idea of what the nature of your questions was. With later remote's, the key that is attached to the fob is of a different shape to those used on Xantia's but as to whether the remote can be made to work I don't know. The best person to ask that question to will be 'Wheeler'
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

The earliest Citroen RF sets that I am aware of are the Mk2 XM ones introduced in mid 1994.
These were effectively hard coded as complete sets and not reprogrammable or capable of making up as mixed sets.
Only paired working Plips and receivers can be swapped between cars to get working results.
Some of the later types of Citroen RF sets use the same wiring and functionallity. One of my XM's is now fitted with a NOS (new old stock) Synergy set which just plugged in and worked.
There has been quite a bit of electronics change over the years and the aftermarket Chinese RF sets now available can be reprogrammed.
Not sure how Citroen evolved their designs.
With the XM the RF set was a main security item hence the hard coding.
With later Citroen models chip controlled ignition took over this function and RF set security became much less critical so RF reprogramming may be possible.

John
Xmexclusive