Xsara C/L Problem PLEASE HELP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chelseaalan22

Xsara C/L Problem PLEASE HELP

Post by chelseaalan22 »

Hi,
My central locking has a fault.Two days ago I tried to unlock it and it unlocked at the second attempt with the remote.

Now the car will not lock remotely. The drivers window will also not open and the hatch will not unlock.

The key will not lock but if I lock the rear doors from the inside then the passenger door I can lock the drivers door with the key otherwise the key will only lock the drivers door and the others stay open.

If I press the remote to lock I can hear the mechanism trying then one BEEP then it unlocks.

Can anyone please help as I am due to take the car on afamily holiday in July and with this fault the holiday is at risk.

Many thanks

Alan

XSARA 110hp 2.0HDI SX 2002
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Hi Alan,

Have you had the battery off,or has it been flat?

If you google xsara c/locking problems your symptoms seem not uncommon, here's just one:

http://forums.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction ... f9830.html
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
chelseaalan22

Post by chelseaalan22 »

Hi Dave,

No the battery has been fine and there is no key symbol on the dash. Everything else is working fine except C/L drivers window and rear hatch.
Any other ideas?

Cheers

Alan
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Similar thing I had myself although a few years ago now, it turned out to be my drivers door linkage,behind the door card. Can't remember now, but it was either stiff, (your door motor's trying?) or a rod had popped off. I doused it in WD 40 or did summat else,(like I say, twas a few years back :oops: ) and it was sorted.

Can't understand the window malfunction...surely that's electrical?
Dodgy wire to the other doors? as then your drivers door works?

Hopefully someone more into electricary will be along soon :idea:
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Going on the fact that theres a couple of faults I reckon you will find a broken wire or two in the rubber boot that goes between the A pillar & the door.
chelseaalan22

Post by chelseaalan22 »

Hi Dave,
reading other posts I think it may be a prob with the wiring from body to door.But I shall look at your suggestion my friend,

Many thanks

Alan