206 rear wheel bearing

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

glynn
My Cars:

206 rear wheel bearing

Post by glynn »

Hi guys. Just after some info of how easy it is to change rear wheel bearing on 206sw and a guide of how to go about it. Been rumbling now especially when cornering for a few weeks so want to get it sorted. Thanks
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If it's a drum brake then it's not a bad job but you do need a press to extract the old bearings and insert the new ones.

Then bearings are entirely within the drum and after removing the hub nut the drum comes off complete with bearings.

Renew the hub nut.

If you do not have a press then usually a local, friendly garage will do the job for you fr a small fee..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

As Jim has said not difficult but you will need a press. A genuine new drum comes with the bearing from what I remember, 306's usually did anyway. Cannot really swap just one though.

Good time to check those wheel cylinders too, watch the little tiny clip on the brake adjuster as 206's are prone to falling out if played with.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote:watch the little tiny clip on the brake adjuster as 206's are prone to falling out if played with.
Been caught with that one Andy, a very good point indeed :D :twisted: Also note it's orientation as soon as the drum is off so that if it does fall out you know which way it goes back!

If it's wrong the self-adjusters don't... I've been there and had to strip it again to make it right...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...