xantia heater blower stuck on full

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaspwieser
My Cars:

xantia heater blower stuck on full

Post by Jaspwieser »

Hi guys, have had a look on previous comments but cant find a fix for this little problem.. my heater fan is stuck to max, have had the controls out but its all electronic, has anyone had this problem before and if so how do i fix it.
Im now getting a bit bored of putting the fuse in and out when i want to get warm..

jaspwieser
Richard
Xantia 2.0 hdi estate (Y REG)
C5 2.2 HDi estate (in a stupid purple colour)
cjuk81
My Cars:

Post by cjuk81 »

im not an expert but i think this happend years ago to my dads mondeo, it was the resistor that had failed so was only allowing 12v through, hence it was stuck on full all the time, but not sure if its all electronic
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

Hi,

Usual fault is the transistors on the circuit board attached to the fan itself.

See here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=22348

EDIT: Also, search for posts which mention the transistor part number: MJ11015
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Yep, it's the transistors. Had this problem a couple of weeks ago in the Berlingo. Exactly the same as the Xantia (I swapped the controllers over whilst I waited for the parts).

I had problems sourcing the MJ11015G transistors and in the end brought them from Poland! Don't laugh, they were cheap, used PayPal and the service from Impel was very good. I brought 4 for £19-odd, so I have 2 in stock for the Xantia when they go. An under £10 repair is much better than the £130-odd that Citroen want to replace the part.

Dave
Pug Rifter long (20) - 41mpg - Gutsy for a 1.5!
Xantia 1.9 TD Temp.2 Break (97) - 208K@42mpg - Resting again.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - My shed! Still runs 15° retarded...
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

MJ2955 will do, and there are others.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Farnell in the UK sell them. It's my source of them..

Although once I bought a job lot on eBay at quite a silly price.

Another substitute is the 2N6287

Whatever you do, replace the pair with a new matched pair having the same batch codes. If you don't they won't current share equally and they will soon die.

The circuit is quite basic and lacks the refinements to ensure good, equal current sharing :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...