Synergie suspension banging

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

naffa
My Cars:

Synergie suspension banging

Post by naffa »

I've got an increasingly worrying knocking coming from the front suspension on my '98 Synergie.
I have had the suspension arm replaced as the balljoint was knackered and I was hoping that was causing the knocking but its still happening and getting more frequent.
It started happening after having the clutch replaced and only when turning right, but now it is happening when you hit bumps or dips aswell.
Any help or pointers is appreciated please.

Thanks Nath
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

hiya naffa.had this knocking on my p reg synergie on the drivers side n it was a broken coil spring. cost me 60quid for a replacement spring n i fitted it myself.was a pain in the arse though. :lol:failing that check the rear engine mount as mine knocks like hell if i deaccelerate/accelerate hard ect ect.i really must get it fixed lol. :oops: :wink:
naffa
My Cars:

Post by naffa »

Thanks Dave I'll take a look as you suggest.
Any other suggestions folks?

Thanks Nath
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

no probs. :wink: could also be the shocker top bearing race. ...... they can clunk when they are worn. happened when going over speed ramps n going up kerbs ect ect. had this on my old audi 80 tdi. 8-)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Seen this about speed bumps?
naffa
My Cars:

Post by naffa »

Wel I took a trip to see my folks in Wales on Sunday and the drive there and back was really scary when I was pushing on a bit.
Driving steady was 'ok' but driving with a bit of spirit was like having 1980's torque steer, awful. drive steady,ok. accelerate lightly, slight pull to the right. Accelerate hard, massive pull to the right. Back off the throttle, pulling back to the left. SCARY!

So I took it into the garage and after a thorough inspection on the ramp by the co-owner and myself we diagnosed wear in the hub where the balljoint pin attatches. The pin was stationary but the hub was moving around it.
Today I have had the offending hub replaced by one I've bought from the local CITROEN/pEUGEOT BREAKERS AND i'M GLAD TO REPORT THAT TE BANGING AND STEERING PROBLEMS REPORTED EARLIER ARE NO MORE.
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.