Xsara Picasso MPV judders

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomthered
My Cars:

Xsara Picasso MPV judders

Post by tomthered »

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can advise me? I have a Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI MPV and when i set off in first gear the car judders. I have put the handbrake on and tried driving off whilst its still on and the clutch does not slip. When it's driving it seems fine between gears but it seems to have a little vibration when the clutch pedal is pressed in. I read somewhere that it could be an engine mounting and I do recall having a clunking issue on my Xantia some time ago.

The clutch has never slipped so am unsure what this is, although the mounting seems to be possible. Could anyone advise what it could be please?

cheers
steviewonder7
My Cars:

Post by steviewonder7 »

Hi Tomthered,

My picasso has only just started doing the same thing recently,but it doesn't do it all the time.It only does it when pulling away in 1st gear.Bit annoying at times,cant be doing the cv joints much good either.
Hope ther's a simple answer to this.

regards Steve
1994 Xantia 1.9TD sx non anti sink.No aircon.Gone to the great scappy up above.

Now with Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI (90 bhp)(03 plate) in 'Wicked Red'
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

nope its defo the clutch and bearing. Its going to cost £290 fitted and extra £48 if it needs a fork and nose, assume there some bits on the outside bit.
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

sounds like a dual mass flywheel to me
02 C5 2.0 hdi 110
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

I thought they were only on the 110 BHP model, mine is a 90 BHP. Also read its only on the 1.6 HDI but what does that mean with regards to this problem?

Reading some posts on here I thought it might only be that when its slipping. Mine isn't doing that, its creeping when the car is in first or reverse and the clutch pedal is fully depressed. Other than that it drives fine albeit with a noise from it.

When I tried putting the handbrake on full, putting it in gear and trying to drive away it does not slip whatsoever, so I thought that was the sign?

A guy on another site says its the release bearing as its not releasing the plate enough to change gear. This sounds like the problem and he states he has just rescued his wife with the same problem.
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

Well got the clutch changed and its a totally different car!!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

What was the problem - release bearing worn out?
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

release bearing worn, fork gone, not sure what that means and he said the nose needed replacing, again don't know what that is. Its now a pleasure to drive, and I did get quoted another £150 on top of that by another firm, so the £290 was reasonable, then had the extras which he did warn me about to be fair.

Firm was called Mr Clutch and do give a 2 year guarantee. I have to take it back in 500 miles and then approx every 1500 to 2000 miles for another 3 checks after that. All included so can't be fairer than that. Apparently Mr Clutch have quite a lot of branches down south, think there is even one over on the Newcastle side. They have them at Gateshead and Durham.